The Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER) organizes its 9th Annual International Symposium on Environment, 12 – 15 May 2014, Athens, Greece.
The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars and students of environment from all disciplines such as engineering, biology, chemistry, geology, economics, geography, history, political science, communications, environmental health, environmental law & justice, government policy, etc.
Areas of interest include (but are not confined to):
- Energy: Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy Technologies, Optimization of Conventional Energy Technologies, Energy Management Strategies, Petroleum Waste Management, Techno-economic Evaluation, Energy Policy and Legal Framework
- Water: Water Research Engineering, Biological Treatment of Waste Water, Water Quality Engineering /Modeling /Control, Waste Water Treatment Management Strategies, Techno-economic Evaluation, Water /Waste Water Policy and Legal Framework
- Pollution: Atmospheric /Soil Pollution, Cleaner Production, Natural Methods of Controlling Pollution, Climate Change, Life Cycle Analysis Tools, Waste and recycling, Techno-economic Evaluation, Pollution Policy and Legal Framework, Environmental Management Accounting
The registration fee is €300 (euro), covering access to all sessions, two lunches, coffee breaks and conference material. Special arrangements will be made with a local luxury hotel for a limited number of rooms at a special conference rate.
In addition, a number of social events will be organized: A Greek night of entertainment with dinner, a special one-day cruise to the Greek islands, an archaeological tour of Athens and a one-day visit to Delphi. Please see the details of the social program.
Please submit a 300-word abstract to Dr. Theophilos Theophanides, Honorary Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens and Head of the Environment Research Unit of ATINER. Abstracts should include: Title of Paper, Family Name (s), First Name (s), Institutional Affiliation, Current Position, an email address and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of the submission.
If you want to participate without presenting a paper, i.e. organize a panel (session, mini conference), chair a session, review papers to be included in the conference proceedings or books, contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER.
The Institute publishes (a) an abstract book with an ISBN number which is uploaded immediately after the conference on the conference website (b) the presented paper is considered to be included in ATINER’s Conference Paper Series which is uploaded a few weeks after the conference and © the presented paper is peer reviewed in order to be included in one of ATINER’s books.
- Dr. George Poulos, Vice-President of Research, ATINER & Emeritus Professor, University of South Africa, South Africa.
- Dr. Costas Stathopoulos, Deputy Head, Environment & Agricultural Research Unit, ATINER & Lecturer, University of Newcastle, Australia.