The Role of the Financial Sector in Supporting the Economic Recovery of CEE Countries
Department of Banking and International Finance at the University of Economics in Bratislava will host its 8th International Conference on Currency, Banking and International Finance (ICCBIF) carrying the theme “The Role of the Financial Sector in Supporting the Economic Recovery of CEE Countries”. The event will be held on September 10 and 11, 2014 in Bratislava, Slovak Republic at the Hotel Saffron.
In our call for papers we ask for contributions that will focus on following areas of research and will be written in English language:
- Stable Banking Sector as the Precondition for Economic Recovery
- In Search of a Balance between Financial Markets and Real Economy
- Macroeconomic Consequences of Financial Instability (Implications for Monetary Policy, Fiscal Policy, Exchange Rate Policy and Regulation)
- The conference proceedings from the previous ICCBIF 2012 conference were successfully indexed in the Thomson Conference Proceedings Citation Index and are accessible at the Web of Science. The free online version of the proceedings is available here.
- Full versions of accepted papers will be published in the proceedings on CD. The proceedings will have an ISBN number. All papers that will successfully pass double-blind review process will be published in a printed book. Printed version of a conference proceedings will be reviewed by Thomson Reuters in order to get indexed in the Thomson Conference Proceedings Citation Index (formerly ISI Proceedings) accessible at the Web of Science.
- Prof. John Hudson, PhD. – University of Bath, United Kingdom
- Dr. h. c. Prof. Ing. Rudolf Sivák, PhD. – Rector of the University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- Assoc. prof. Jozef Makúch, PhD. – Governor of the National Bank of Slovakia, Slovak Republik
- Ing. Marcel Tirpák, PhD. – European Central Bank, Germany
- Prof. Alexandru Minea, PhD. – CERDI & University of Auvergne, France
- Assoc. Prof. Mag. Dr. Peter R. Haiss, MBA – Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Prof. Ing. Daniel Stavárek, PhD. – Silesian University in Opava, Czech Republic
- Assoc. Prof. Ing. Vladislav Pavlát, CSc. – University of Finance and Administration, Czech Republic
- Assoc. Prof. Ing. Marta Orviská, PhD. – Matej Bel University Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
- Prof. Ing. Ján Lisý, PhD. – Dean of the Faculty of National Economy , University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- Prof. Ing. Eva Horvátová, PhD. – University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ing. Menbere Workie Tiruneh, PhD. – University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- Assoc. Prof. Ing. Jana Kotlebová, PhD. – University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovak Republic