The Leibniz Network on Real Estate Markets and Capital Markets (ReCapNet) focuses on the interactions between real estate markets and capital markets. On November 3 – 4, 2016 the 8th conference of the network will take place at Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) in Mannheim, Germany.
The main topic of this year’s conference will be “Behavioural Real Estate”.
- Paul S. Willen – Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and Harvard University
A non-exhaustive list of potential topics:
- Behavioural biases in decisions on real estate finance
- Behaviour in buying /selling residential property and market efficiency
- Individual behavioural characteristics and house prices
- Strategic default on mortgages
- Mortgage loans and effectiveness of monetary policy
- Real estate “bubbles”: Identification and consequences for financial stability
Submissions on these and other aspects of the nexus between real estate markets and capital markets are encouraged. Papers will be selected based on a competitive double-blind peer-review process. Contributions by both established as well as junior researchers are welcome.
- Shaun Bond
- Roland Füss
- Seow Eng Ong
- Felix Schindler
- Steffen Sebastian
- Willi Semmler
- Eva Steiner
- Bertram Steininger
- Martin Weber
- Peter Westerheide
- Michael Schröder
The registration fee is EUR 150 for academic researchers and EUR 250 for professionals. Speakers and discussants may apply for financial support from ZEW to cover travel expenses after notification of acceptance. Accommodation for speakers and discussants will be covered by ZEW. Please do not hesitate to contact the organisers if you require any further information.