We have the pleasure of inviting you to submit your scientific work for the 8th International Congress — BioNanoMed 2017 – the exclusive Know-How-Transfer meeting for researchers, engineers, students and practitioners from Natural Sciences, Medical Sciences and Engineering Subjects throughout the world taking place on March 20 – 22, 2017 in Krems, Austria at the Danube University Krems.
- María Blanco-Prieto – University of Navarra, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Pamplona (Spain): “Nanomedicines to treat Brain Diseases“
- Gerrit Borchard – Université de Genève, Section des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Swiss Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences (SAPhS) (Switzerland): “Physicochemical Properties of Nanomedicines: What matters and why?“
- Mauro Ferrari – Houston Methodist Research Institute, Institute for Academic Medicine (USA)
- Christian Hellmich – Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien), Institute for Mechanics of Materials and Structures (Austria): “Engineering Sciences Supporting Regenerative BioMedicine: Recent Accomplishments“
- Peter Lieberzeit – University of Vienna, Faculty of Chemistry, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Sensors and Optical Molecular Spectroscopy (Austria): “Molecularly Imprinted Polymers and their Composites in Detecting Clinically relevant Species“
- Stefan Mühlebach – University of Basel, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma Ltd., SAPhS, Lygature NBCD working group (Switzerland): “IV Iron Nanocolloidals: Why Therapeutic Equivalence matters“
- Roland Pohle – Siemens Corporate Research, Munich (Germany): “Towards a Mobile Breath Analysis Platform: an Update on the Sniffphone Project“
- Adriele Prina-Mello – Trinity College Dublin, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Medicine (Ireland): “Cancer Theranostics: a Translational Nanomedicine Perspective“
- Rajagopal Ramesh – University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Cancer Developmental Therapeutics, Experimental Therapeutics and Translational Cancer Medicine, Small Animal Bioluminescence Imaging Core, Stanton L. Young Biomedical Research Center (USA): “Tumor-Targeted Therapy against an RNA-binding Protein for Lung Cancer“
- Avi Schröder – Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering, Laboratory for Targeted Drug Delivery and Personalized Medicine Technologies (Israel): “Personalized Nanomedicines: Cancer and other Diseases“
- Alejandro Sosnik – Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Materials Science and Engineering, Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Nanomaterial Science (Israel): “Polymeric Micelles Stabilized by Drug-Compatible Chemical Pathways“
- Mukhles Sowwan – Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Director of Nanoparticles by Design for Nanotechnology and Biomedical Applications (Japan): “Smart Gas Sensing Platform for Biomedical Applications“
- Dimitrios Stamatialis – University of Twente, MIRA institute of Biomedical Engineering and Technical Medicine, Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Biomaterials Science and Technology (The Netherlands): “Nanoporous Membrane Systems for Pancreatic Islet Macroencapsulation“
- Jung Soo Suk – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, The Center for Nanomedicine at the Wilmer Eye Institute (USA): “Strategies to enhance Therapeutic Gene Transfer to the Brain“
The technical program of BioNanoMed 2017 will consist of invited lectures, contributed oral and poster presentations.
BioNanoMed 2017 will highlight latest R&D results in the following areas of interest:
- Advanced Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications
- Regenerative Nanomedicine — Nanotechnology and Stem Cells (co-organized by ESAO)
- Nanotechnology for Detection, Diagnosis, Imaging & Sensing
- NanoPharmaceuticals — an Emerging Era (co-organized by Swiss Academy of Pharmaceuticals Sciences — SAPhS)
- Nanotherapy — a promising step to Personalized Nanomedicine
- Clinical Applications of Nanomedicine: Unmet Needs, Challenges, Success Stories & Failures in Clinical Trials
- Brain Targeting and Neurological Nanotherapeutics
- NanoSafety Implementation in Nanomedicine (co-organized by EURO-NanoTox & Nanomedicine Austria)
We are looking forward to your submissions!
Danube University Poster Award 2017
Danube University Krems Poster Awards 2017 are granted to the three best poster contributions (€ 400 for the first, € 300 for the second and € 200 for the third place).
Posters will be reviewed by an international team of experts in the field of Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine.