The WU Gutmann Center for Portfolio Management organizes international symposia on a regular basis, covering “hot” topics related to portfolio management. Leading academics from around the world present their ideas and research results and discuss them with colleagues and practitioners.
Submission and Fees
All submissions will be reviewed by a committee composed of members of the WU Gutmann Center’s Academic Advisory Board. Submission and participation are free of charge. Accommodation and travel expenses (economy fare) of presenting authors will be covered by the WU Gutmann Center.
Conference Theme and Topics
The general topic of the symposium is “Sovereign Credit Risk and Asset Management". Papers submitted to the symposium can address but are not restricted to the following topics:
- Measuring and managing sovereign credit risk
- The implications of sovereign credit risk for asset management
- Sovereign credit risk and the banking sector
- Sovereign credit risk and prudential regulation
- The role of rating agencies
- Sovereign credit risk contagion
- Currency unions
- The political economics of sovereign credit risk