This international and interdisciplinary conference will again bring together a range of academics and practitioners to discuss new directions of research and discovery in the social sciences. As with IAFOR’s other events, ACE2015 will afford the opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, and networking across higher education and beyond.
The Seventh Asian Conference on Education will again be held alongside the Third Asian Conference on Society, Education and Technology. Registration for either conference will allow attendees to attend sessions in the other.
- Professor Sue Jackson – Professor of Lifelong Learning and Gender, Pro-Vice Master of Teaching and Learning, Birkbeck, University of London, UK
- Professor Barbara Lockee – Professor of Instructional Design and Technology, Virginia Tech, USA
- Professor Jose McClanahan – Associate Professor of Spanish, Creighton University, USA
- Dr. Yvonne Masters – Senior Lecturer in Professional Classroom Practice, University of New England, Australia
Conference Theme and Streams
Education, Power, and Empowerment: Transcending Boundaries
The conference theme for ACE2015 is Education, Power, and Empowerment: Transcending Boundaries, and the organizers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
In this conference – one of a series of five held in 2015 on education, power and empowerment – participants are invited to explore and question ways in which education can transcend boundaries of space, identity, culture and more, and to consider the ways in which power relations might hinder or enhance learning.
Abstracts should address one or more of the streams below, identifying a relevant sub-theme:
- Educating through borders of power
- Transcending boundaries of ‘self’ and ‘other’
- Challenging and transcending learning spaces
- Education and the boundaries of communication
- Borderlands of being and becoming
Submissions are organized into the following thematic streams:
Learning and teaching beyond boundaries
- Education: social justice and social change
- Education: social and political movements
- Education and post-colonialism
- Education for sustainable development
- Conflicting perspectives in learning and teaching
- Digital technologies and communications
- Educational change through technologies
Challenging and preserving traditional cultures
- ‘Englishes’ in global communication
- Bi-cultural, bi-lingual and bi-national education
- Languages education and applied linguistics (esl/tesl/tefl)
- Linguistics and pedagogy
- Multilingual societies
- Education for interdisciplinary thinking
- Education for intercultural communication
- Education for international exchange
- Challenges of new technologies
Learning, teaching and educational structures
- Primary and secondary education
- Higher education
- Adult and lifelong learning
- Technology enhanced and distance learning
- International schools and educational goals
- Educational policy, leadership, management and administration
- Curriculum research and development
- Economic management of education
- Institutional accreditation and ranking
- Organizational learning and change
- Professional concerns, training and development
- Special education, learning difficulties, disability
- Student learning, learner experiences and learner diversity
IAFOR Publishing Opportunities
The IAFOR Journal of Education is an editorially independent journal associated with ACE. A small number of papers from the conference proceedings are selected by the journal editor. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the appropriate editor. These open access journals, which conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organized thematically.
If your abstract is accepted and you have registered for the conference, you are encouraged to submit a full paper for inclusion in the official conference proceedings published on the website. Final papers should be uploaded through the submissions system. Please ensure that your paper is ready to go to press by the submission deadline.
Eye Magazine is the International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye magazine, we hope to enlighten you to various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.