The International Academic Forum (IAFOR) is kindly inviting you to participate in the forthcoming 7th Asian Conference on the Social Sciences (ACSS) 2016, which will take place on June 9 – 12, 2016 in Kobe, Japan.
This international and interdisciplinary conference will again bring together a range of academics and practitioners to discuss new directions of research and discovery in education. As with IAFOR’s other events, ACSS2016 will afford the opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, and networking across higher education and beyond.
The Asian Conference on the Social Sciences will be held alongside the 6th Asian Conference on Sustainability, Energy & the Environment (ACSEE) and the Asian Conference on Aging & Gerontology. Registration for one conference will allow attendees to attend sessions in the others.
Conference Chairs and Keynote Speakers
- Jun Arima – Japanese Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry/The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Prof Gregory Clark – Tama University & Akita International University, Japan
- Prof Stuart Picken – Chairman of the IAFOR IAB, Order of the Sacred Treasure, M.A. (Hons), B.D., Ph.D. (Glasgow), F.R.A.S.
- Dr James McNally – Director of the NACDA Program on Aging, University of Michigan
- Prof Hiroshi Ishida – Department of Comparative Contemporary Societies, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Conference Theme: “Justice and Sustainability“
The conference theme for ACSS2016 is “Justice and Sustainability”, and the organisers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
Submissions are organised into the following thematic streams:
- Anthropology, Archaeology, Cultural Studies and Humanities
- Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences
- Computational Social Science
- Cultural and Media Studies
- Economics and Management
- Education and Social Welfare
- Demography, Human Geography & Population Studies
- Ethnicity, Difference, Identity
- Globalization and Internationalization
- Immigration, Refugees, Race, Nation
- Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Gender
- International Relations & Human Rights
- Journalism and Communications
- Natural, Environmental and Health Sciences
- Politics, Philosophy, Ethics, Consciousness
- Politics, Public Policy, Law & Criminology
- Psychology & Social Psychology
- Research Methodologies, Quantitative and Qualitative
- Social History
- Social Work
- Teaching and Learning
- Technology and Applied Sciences
- Urban Studies
A small number of papers from the conference proceedings will be selected by the editor for inclusion in the IAFOR Journal of the Social Sciences. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the appropriate editor. IAFOR’s open access journals, which conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organised thematically.
Once you have registered, you can submit your final paper via the online submission system anytime until July 12, 2016. Final papers are only accepted in a Microsoft Word .doc format. Please download our Final Paper Template and read the Final Paper Submission Guidelines.
Eye Magazine is The International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye Magazine, we hope to enlighten you to various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.