This international and interdisciplinary conference will again bring together a range of academics and practitioners to discuss new directions of research and discovery in the arts and humanities. As with other events of the International Academic Forum’s (IAFOR), ACAH2016 will afford the opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, and networking across higher education and beyond.
The 7th Asian Conference on Arts and Humanities (ACAH) will again be held alongside the 6th Asian Conference on Literature, Librarianship & Archival Science (LibrAsia) and will commence on April 7 – 10, 2016 in Kobe, Japan. Registration for either conference will allow attendees to attend sessions in the other.
Conference Chairs and Featured Speakers
- Professor Stuart D. B. Picken – ACAH2016 Conference Chair and Featured Speaker – Chairman of the IAFOR IAB
- Dr. A. Robert Lee – ACAH2016 Programme Adviser
Conference Theme and Streams
Conference Theme: “Justice”
The conference theme for ACAH2016 is “Justice”, and the organisers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
Submissions are organised into the following thematic streams:
- Teaching and Learning the Arts
- Arts Policy, Management and Advocacy
- Arts Theory and Criticism
- Social, Political and Community Agendas in the Arts
- Visual Arts Practices
- Performing Arts Practices: Theater, Dance, Music
- Literary Arts Practices
- Media Arts Practices: Television, Multimedia, Digital, Online and Other New Media
- Other Arts
- Media, Film Studies, Theatre, Communication
- Aesthetics, Design
- Language, Linguistics
- Philosophy, Ethics, Consciousness
- History, Historiography
- Literature/Literary Studies
- Political Science, Politics
- Teaching and Learning
- Ethnicity, Difference, Identity
- Immigration, Refugees, Race, Nation
- First Nations and Indigenous Peoples
- Sexuality, Gender, Families
- Religion, Spirituality
- Cyberspace, Technology
- Science, Environment and the Humanities
- Other Humanities
The IAFOR Journal of Arts and Humanities is an editorially independent journal associated with ACAH. A small number of papers from the conference proceedings are selected by the journal editor. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the appropriate editor. These open access journals, which conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organized thematically.
Once you have registered, you can submit your final paper via the online submission system anytime until May 10, 2016. Final papers are only accepted in a Microsoft Word .doc format. Please download our Final Paper Template and read the Final Paper Submission Guidelines. The Official Conference Proceedings will be published online in PDF format under an ISSN issued by the National Diet Library of Japan on June 10, 2016.
Eye Magazine is the International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye magazine, we hope to enlighten you to various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.