On behalf of the Organizing Committee of the 6th International Conference on Environmental Mutagens in Human Populations, we are pleased to invite you to attend and to make scientific presentations in the conference. The conference will be held in Doha, Qatar, March 26 - 29, 2012.
The conference in Qatar will be the 6th of a series of highly successful international conferences that is designed to identify solutions to human environmental health problems and to facilitate the establishment of sustainable collaborative programs around the world. The ICEMHP which was previously held in Egypt (1992), Czech Republic (1995), Thailand (1998), Brazil (2003) and Turkey (2007), is devoted to bringing state-of-the-art knowledge and expertise to the conference sites and regions.
Each of the previous conferences has sparked the development of new scientific programs and major collaborations among participants. The organization of the conference is supported by a distinguished International Advisory Board. The conference will have keynote speakers including Her Royal Highness Professor Dr. Princess Chulabhorn of Thailand, Dr. Kirk Smith who was on the Nobel Laureate team with former Vice President Al Gore, and other outstanding scientists.
Renowned scientists will be invited to make state-of-the-art presentations in the specific symposia. The following symposium topics are:
- Environmental contamination and health concerns
- Specific environmental health concerns in developing countries
- Basic mechanisms of mutagenesis and carcinogenesis
- DNA repair and signaling in response to insult from environmental mutagens
- Environmental contamination in adverse reproductive outcomes and non-cancer disease
- Biomarkers for human population studies
- Epigenetics and gene-environment interactions in human disease
- Genomic and proteomic technologies in environmental health
- Application of scientific knowledge for disease prevention
- Novel strategies to protect against environmental mutagenesis and carcinogenesis
- Legal and ethical issues in environmental health
We invite scientists who are particularly interested in identifying and solving environmental health problems to attend our conference. Your contribution to the conference will be appreciated. In addition, we are confident that you will gain rewarding professional and social experience from the various organized activities.
- Her Royal Highness Professor Dr. Princess Chulabhorn of Thailand
- Nobel Laureate, Professor Kirk Smith (University of California, Berkeley; Member, National Academy of Science, USA)
- Noble Laureate Professor J Michael Bishop (University of California, San Francisco,USA)
- Linda Birnbaum, Director (National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, USA)
Student and Junior Investigator Poster Presentation Awards
Students and new investigators are invited to submit abstracts for either poster or oral presentations. All students and new investigators will automatically be entered in the best presentation/poster competition . Poster presented by students and new investigators will have special identification. A total of two presentation awards will be given: (1) Student (2) New investigatory. Award recipients will receive a monetary award.