The 6th IAFOR Asian Conference on Sustainability, Energy and the Environment (ACSEE) 2016 will be organised by the International Academic Forum (IAFOR) in Kobe, Japan on June 9 – 12, 2016 at the Art Center Kobe. The Asian Conference on Sustainability, Energy and the Environment will be held alongside the 7th Asian Conference on the Social Sciences (ACSS) and the Asian Conference on Aging & Gerontology. Registration for one conference will allow attendees to attend sessions in the others.
This international and interdisciplinary conference will again bring together a range of academics and practitioners to discuss new directions of research and discovery in education. As with IAFOR’s other events, ACSEE2016 will afford the opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, and networking across higher education and beyond.
Conference Chairs and Keynote Speakers
- Prof Stuart Picken – Chairman of the IAFOR IAB, Order of the Sacred Treasure, M.A. (Hons), B.D., Ph.D. (Glasgow), F.R.A.S.
- Dr James McNally – Director of the NACDA Program on Aging, University of Michigan, United States
- Prof Hiroshi Ishida – Department of Comparative Contemporary Societies, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Conference Theme and Streams
Conference Theme: “Justice and Sustainability“
The conference theme for ACSEE2016 is “Justice and Sustainability”, and the organisers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
Submissions are organised into the following thematic streams:
- Environmental Sustainability & Human Consumption
- Food and Water, Hunger and Thirst
- Freshwater, Oceans and Seas
- Land Use & Misuse
- Atmosphere and Air
- Cultural Sustainability: Protecting, Preserving and Conserving
- Social Sustainability, War and Peace
- Social Sustainability & Sustainable Living
- Social Sustainability & Social Justice
- Economic Sustainability
- Sustainable Businesses and CSR
- Environmental Challenges and Economic Growth
- Environmental Sustainability & Human Consumption: Human and Life Sciences
- Environmental Degradation
- Renewable Energy and Environmental Solutions
- Energy Economics and Ecological Economics
IAFOR Journal of a Sustainability
The IAFOR Journal of Sustainability, Energy & the Environment is an editorially independent journal associated with ACSEE. A small number of papers from the conference proceedings will be selected by the journal editor for inclusion. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the editor. IAFOR’s open access journals conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organised thematically.
If your abstract is accepted and you have registered for the conference, you are encouraged to submit a full paper for inclusion in the official conference proceedings published on the website. Final papers should be uploaded through the submissions system. Please ensure that your paper is ready to go to press by the submission deadline.
Eye Magazine is The International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye Magazine, we hope to enlighten you to the various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.