The organizing committee of this small, informal conference invites submissions of high quality theoretical or empirical research papers on financial intermediation.
Key note speakers
Stijn Claessens (IMF & CEPR) and Gregory F. Udell ( Indiana University)
Please email your paper to Rachel Aveyard, CEPR Meetings Assistant mentioning in the subject line “Winter conference on financial intermediation”. Authors will be notified about the acceptance of papers and the conference program by 20 December 2011. There is no conference fee but participants must cover their own travel and accommodation costs. The European Banking Center at Tilburg University will sponsor the attendance of some promising doctoral students.
- Arnoud Boot (Amsterdam & CEPR)
- Martin Brown (University of St. Gallen): Local organizer
- Liam Brunt (NHH & CEPR)
- Hans Degryse (Tilburg, K.U. Leuven & CEPR): Programme chair
- Giovanni Dell’Ariccia (IMF & CEPR)
- Charles Kahn (Illinois at Urbana Champaign)
- Steven Ongena (Tilburg & CEPR)
- Marco Pagano (Naples & CEPR)
- Rajdeep Sengupta (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis)
- Lucy White (Harvard Business School & CEPR)
The conference will be held at the Hotel Schweizerhof in the mountain resort of Lenzerheide. The programme starts Monday morning at 08:00 and ends Wednesday evening at 20:00. Due to capacity constraints, preference will be given to participants who can stay for the whole duration of the conference. Participants should plan to arrive Sunday evening and leave Thursday morning. A block-reservation has been made by the organizers at the Hotel Schweizerhof at very preferential rates. The University of St. Gallen will sponsor the opening reception and meals during the conference.
There will be around ten papers and discussions, leaving ample time for reflection and outdoor activities. Besides skiing Lenzerheide is a very attractive resort for winter-hiking, sledging or just relaxing.