On behalf of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and the Local Organizing Committee, it is a great pleasure and an honor to extend to you a warm invitation to attend the 5th Latin American Conference on Lung Cancer (LALCA 2012) to be held July 25 through July 27, 2012 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Lung Cancer is still the leading cause of death not only in Latin America but worldwide. Building on the success of the previous conference in 2010 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, international and national speakers will discuss the science and advances in the treatment and prevention of lung cancer.
With tobacco being the leading cause of morbi-mortality worldwide and it’s consumption leading to respiratory and cardiovascular disease, as well as cancer, causing the loss of 800,000 otherwise healthy Brazilian lives every year, the conference would like to support the framework convention for tobacco control and will again host a Tobacco Forum on Wednesday, July 25.
The Scientific Program will feature basic and translational research, molecular diagnosis and prognostic factors, early diagnosis, targeted and individualized therapies, surgical and clinical management of lung cancer including radiotherapy and supportive care.
The Scientific Program Committee invites you to submit Scientific Abstracts in the following categories:
- Prevention, Early Detection, Epidemiology and Tobacco Control
- Early Stage NSCLC (Stage I - III)
- Advanced NSCLC
- SCLC, Mesothelioma, Thymoma
- Biology and Pathogenesis
- Supportive Care and Others
The Scientific Committee for the 5th Latin American Lung Cancer Conference is pleased to offer Travel Awards to Young Investigators. These awards will consist of complimentary registration to the Conference, up to 3 night’s accommodation, a fixed amount to cover travel expenses and free membership in IASLC for one year.
- be from Latin America
- be 35 years of age or younger
- submit an abstract to the 5th Latin American Conference on Lung Cancer before the abstract submission deadline March 30, 2012
- be the presenting author for the submitted abstract
- parts of the work can be presented prior to LALCA 2012, but the submitted abstract MUST include new information that has not been presented before
- Submit the following items to support their application: (1) Proof of age, (2) Supporting Letter from their supervisor or institution
Application support materials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 30, 2012 (Abstract Submission Deadline). Applications and materials received after March 30, 2012 cannot be considered.
The Scientific Committee will select award winners based on the scientific content of the abstract. Winners will be notified at the end of May 2012. Awards will be given out on-site following your presentation at the Conference.