The 5th Annual International Conference on Advances in Biotechnology (BIOTECH) 2015 will be held in Kanpur, India on March 13 – 15, 2015 and is organised by the Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF).
Biotechnology is a field of applied biology that involves the use of living organisms and bioprocesses in engineering, technology, medicine and other fields requiring bioproducts. The concept encompasses a wide range of procedures for modifying living organisms according to human purposes — going back to domestication of animals, cultivation of plants, and “improvements” to these through breeding programs that employ artificial selection and hybridization.
This multi-disciplinary conference aims to provide a challenging forum and vibrant opportunity for researchers and industry practitioners to share their original research results and practical development experiences on specific new challenges and emerging issues.
Journal: Best papers (up to 10) presented at the conference will be invited to publish in GSTF Journal of BioSciences (JBio) free of charge (subject to acceptance) which will be included on Springer’s Open Access publishing platform for independent journals — Global Science Journals (GSJ). JBio (Print ISSN: 2251 – 3159, E-periodical: 2251 – 3140) is indexed by CAS, EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest and Cabell’s Directories. and will be submitted to CAS, Scopus, ScienceDirect, Googe Scholar, IndexCopernicus amongst others, where applicable.
Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the BIOTECH 2015. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in “Applications of Biotechnology in Developing Countries” to be published by GSTF. The book will be edited by Dr. Farhad Memarzadeh, Director, Division of Technical Resources/ORF, National Institutes of Health (NIH), USA.
The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251 – 2489, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251 – 2497) will be indexed by Ulrichsweb,
EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest, will be submitted to Scopus,ScienceDirect and Cabell’s Directories and will likely be indexed by Pub Med Central amongst others, where applicable.
Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Applied Biotechnology
- Bioenvironmental Engineering and Risk Assessment
- Bioremediation & Biodegradation
- Biosensors, Bioelectronics & Biochips, Tissue chips
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Clinical and Cellular Immunology
- Disease Outbreak Assessment
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Food Processing & Technology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Marine and Ocean Biotechnology
- Medical Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering
- Microbial & Biochemical Technology
- Microorganism Technology
- Nano science & Nanotechnology
- Neuroscience and Neuroengineering
- Omics Technologies
- Petroleum & Environmental Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Regulatory And Economical Aspects In Biotechnology
- Stem Cell Research & Tissue Science Engineering
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Topics
- Analysis and Visualization of Large Biological Data Sets
- Biomedical Data Modelling and Mining
- Biomedical Model Parameterisation
- Brain Computer Interface
- DNA Computing
- Ecoinformatics and Applications to Ecological Data Analysis
- Emergent Properties in Complex Biological Systems
- Evolutionary Computing
- Gene Expression Array Analysis
- Medical Image Analysis
- Medical Imaging and Pattern Recognition
- Metabolic Pathway Analysis
- Modelling, Simulation and Optimization of Biological Systems
- Molecular Evolution and Phylogenetics
- Molecular Sequence Alignment and Analysis
- Motif Detection
- Neural Computing
- RNA and Protein Folding and Structure Prediction
- Robustness and Evolvability of Biological Networks
- Structure Prediction and Folding
- Systems and Synthetic Biology
- Treatment Optimisation