The Architecture & Engineering Research Unit of the Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER) organizes its 5th Annual International Conference on Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering and Mechanics 2015 to be held on May 25 – 28, 2015 in Athens, Greece.
The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars and students of all areas of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanics and other related areas. Areas of interest include (but are not confined to):
- Structural engineering
- Construction engineering
- Water resources engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Municipal or urban engineering
- Urban Infrastructure
- Transportation Engineering
- Railway systems engineering
- Forensic engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Design Research considers the processes of shaping and making of places
- Educational Research examines the pedagogies of civil engineering and related fields
- History of civil engineering
Structural Engineering and Mechanics
- Earthquake engineering
- Control engineering
- Coastal Systems engineering
Submission and Participation
Please submit an abstract to Dr. Thomas Attard, Deputy Head, Architecture & Engineering Research Unit, ATINER and Associate Research Professor, Arizona State University, USA. Abstracts should include the following: Title of Paper, Full Name (s), Affiliation, Current Position, an email address, and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of your submission. Decisions are reached within 4 weeks.
If you want to participate without presenting a paper, i.e. organize a panel (session, mini conference), chair a session, review papers to be included in the conference proceedings or books, contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER.
Special arrangements will be made with a local luxury hotel for a limited number of rooms at a special conference rate. In addition, a number of special events will be organized: A Greek night of entertainment with dinner, a special one-day cruise to selected Greek islands, an archaeological tour of Athens and a one-day visit to Delphi.
- Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos – President, ATINER, Greece
- Dr. Nicholas Pappas – Vice-President of Academics, ATINER and Professor, Sam Houston University, USA
- Dr. George Poulos – Vice-President of Research, ATINER and Emeritus Professor, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Dr. Panagiotis Petratos – Head, Computer Research Unit, ATINER and Associate Professor of Computer Information Systems, California State University, Stanislaus, USA
- Dr. Nicholas Patricios – Head, Architecture and Engineering Research Unit, ATINER and Professor of Architecture, University of Miami, USA
- Dr. Thomas Attard – Academic Member, Architecture and Engineering Research Unit, ATINER and Associate Research Professor, Arizona State University, USA
- Dr. R. Edward Minchin Jr., P.E. – Rinker (Assoc.) Professor of Construction and Director of Masters Programs, Rinker School of Building Construction, University of Florida, USA
- Dr. Jamal Khatib – Professor, University of Wolverhampton, U.K.
- Dr. Ioannis Zisis – Assistant Professor, Florida International University, USA
- Dr. Debnath Bhattacharyya – Academic Member, ATINER and Professor, MPCTM, Gwalior, India
- Dr. Mbakisya A. Onyango – Assistant Professor, University of Tennessee, USA
- Dr. Howayda Al-Harithy – Academic Member, Architecture and Engineering Research Unit, ATINER and Professor, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Dr. Stephen Andrew Arbury – Academic Member, ATINER and Professor of Art History, Radford University, USA
- Dr. Stavros Alifragkis – Academic Member, Architecture and Engineering Research Unit, ATINER and Research Associate, School of Architecture, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Dr. Mohammad Arif Kamal – Assistant Professor, Aligarh Muslim University, India
- Mr. Vasilis Charalampopoulos – Researcher, ATINER and Ph.D. Student, University of Strathclyde, U.K
- Dr. Virginia Sisiopiku – Academic Member, Civil Engineering Research Unit and Education Research Unit, ATINER and Associate Professor, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA