CongressMed is proud to announce the 4th World Congress on Controversies, Debates and Consensus in Bone, Muscle and Joint Diseases (BMJD), which will take place from October 20 – 22, 2016 in Barcelona, Spain.
Over the years, tremendous advancements have been made in the clinical and basic science fields of bone, muscle and joint diseases. Bone, muscle and joint diseases are reaching epidemiological dimensions and treatment possibilities are expanding. These developments have created a need for debates and discussions on numerous controversial issues to optimize clinical outcomes.
The 4th edition of the BMJD Congress aims to continue facilitating effective debates on clinical and therapeutic dilemmas, supported by evidence-based medicine and expert opinions resulting in agreement on timely issues. The program provides an effective forum for discussing and debating such controversies, by allowing ample time for speaker-audience discussions with world authorities on osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory arthritis, pain, and other musculoskeletal diseases.
We look forward to your participation and contribution to the 4th World Congress on Controversies, Debates and Consensus in Bone, Muscle and Joint Diseases (BMJD), and to welcoming you to the lively city of Barcelona.
Osteoarthritis and pain
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for musculoskeletal pain: Like it – not so much
- Pain in musculoskeletal diseases: A peripheral or centrally driven process?
Round Table Discussion
- How to identify responders to intra-articular treatments of knee osteoarthritis
- Ankle osteoarthritis: Not such an uncommon symptomatic disease
- Spinal osteoarthritis: Learning to deal with the investigation and management in daily practice
- Musculoskeletal pain: From molecules to preclinical models
- Innovative therapies for low back pain
- New imaging technology: A crystal ball to predict disease progression and response to treatment in osteoarthritis?
- Corticosteroids in rheumatoid arthritis: 60 years later
- Corticosteroids in rheumatoid arthritis: When, how and how long?
Round Table Discussions
- Personalized medicine in rheumatoid arthritis is here
- The dawn of personalized medicine in rheumatoid arthritis
- The relation between joint and skin diseases
- Management of co-morbidities in rheumatoid arthritis
- Role of imaging in the management of rheumatoid arthritis
- Dose adjustment in rheumatoid arthritis
- Vaccination and rheumatoid arthritis
Biomedical Technologies srl will submit the main congress program of the 4th World Congress on Controversies, Debates and Consensus in Bone, Muscle and Joint Diseases (BMJD) 2016 for accreditation by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).
Educational needs and expected outcomes
- Assess and appraise controversial issues based on the latest findings by leading scientists in the field of Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Arthritis, Pain, and related Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Evaluate best practices in Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Arthritis, Pain, and related Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Discuss new scientific knowledge and recent research findings in the field of Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Arthritis, Pain, and related Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Recognize opportunities for scientific collaborations around the world
- Integrate the most up to date information in their clinical and research activities
- Evaluate the most important aspects of diagnosis and treatment in Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Arthritis, Pain, and related Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Presentations, discussions and debates will focus on the latest developments in Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Arthritis, Pain, and related Musculoskeletal Diseases
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest (COI)
All declarations of potential or actual conflicts of interest, whether due to a financial or other relationship, must be provided to the EACCME® upon submission of the application. Declarations must include whether any fee, honorarium or arrangement for re-imbursement of expenses in relation to the event has been provided.
Industry support disclosure
We confirm that all funding provided is free of any attempt to influence the program, individual sessions, subjects for discussion, content or choice of faculty members conflicts of interest. Support of the Congress is kept in strict accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria.