Previous three conferences, held in Warsaw (Poland) and Olomouc (Czech), brought together the experts from various countries from around the world (USA, Spain, Italy, Iran, Pakistan, Japan, England, Portugal, Finland, Gambia, Poland, Brasilia, Hungary, Slovenia and the Czech Republic).
A new challenge has unified all these countries in their effort to integrate the social sciences dealing with physical culture and sport in Europe as well as in other parts of the world.
Prof. Kasia Boddy, PhD, University College, London
Title: Warriors and Boxers
Prof. Sigmund Loland, PhD, Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, Oslo
Title: Performance-enhancement in sport: the return of 'the natural'?
We kindly invite all experts, who wish to gather or share the knowledge concerning inter alia broadly understood social sciences of sport, it means:
- tourism and recreation studies
- cultural, political and critical studies
- management and economy
- and theoretical and practical aspects of particular disciplines of sport.
Organizers of this conference suggest to the future authors to pay attention among other things on human, cultural, symbolical, axiological, aesthetical, ethical issues and traditional and contemporary aspects of physical culture and sport activity.
The topics of the Conference are:
- History of sport and of social sciences of sport
- Olympic movement at the crossroads of social sciences
- Social sciences in tourism and recreation (sport for all)
- Social sciences in physical education and teacher education (P.E.T.E.)
- Ethical and deontological issues in social sciences of sport
- Open papers
- Kinesiology and social sciences of sport: cooperation and tensions
- Cultural studies and/in social sciences of sport
- Sport, critical management and (critique of ) political economy
- Social and human aspects of sport medicine
- Psychology of sport as soft and hard science