Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) is organising their 4th Annual International Conference on Accounting and Finance (AF) 2014 in Phuket, Thailand on April 28 – 29, 2014 and is kindly inviting you to participate.
As financial markets integrate and business operations diversify, there is a need for adoption of common global accounting practices. This need is further intensified when inadequacies in the financial reporting system have surfaced more often than not in the recent past infringing the credibility of reported financial data. Such incidents have bought a call for a research on better alignment of corporate financial reporting requirements amongst users of financial statements.
The AF conference is a forum of communication for academics, researchers, practitioners, and policymakers in the areas of accounting and finance. Through its broadly defined scope, we welcome research in areas such as accounting history, finance, financial reporting and communication methodologies, interdisciplinary perspectives on accounting, management control and public sector financial management. The AF conference provides an outlet for high-quality refereed empirical research on all aspects of accounting and finance. Purely theoretical research with the potential for empirical applications and in depth literature reviews will also be considered.
- Prof. Robert Rickards – Professor of Accounting, Finance and Foreign Trade, Munich Business School, Germany: Controlling in Chinese Companies: A First Peek Behind the Bamboo Curtain
- Prof. Ho Yew Kee – Associate Professor, Department of Accounting, NUS Business School, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
Awards and Panel Sessions
- Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
- AF 2014 will also constitute a Special Panel Session. Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the AF 2014. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
- The 2014 Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251 – 1997, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251 – 2004): will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest, Ulrichsweb, PsycEXTRA and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell’s Directories amongst others, where applicable.
- Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Business Review (GBR).
- Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in “Business Review: Advanced Applications“ to be published by GSTF.
- The top 2 to 3 papers will also be published in the International Journal of Economic Sciences and Applied Research (IJESAR).
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting and Finance
- Accounting Challenges – Strategic Accounting
- Accounting standards and regulations
- Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation
- Applied Economic Studies
- Asset pricing
- Asset-liability management
- Auditing Technology
- Bank assurance
- Banking crises
- Banking, Accounting and Finance
- Bankruptcy prediction and determinants
- Behavioral Accounting and Finance
- Best Practices in Corporate Governance
- Business and Economics Engineering
- Complexity in Business and Economics
- Corporate finance
- Corporate Governance
- Creative Accounting and Earnings Management
- Credit risk modelling and management
- Critical Accounting
- Culture and Business Management
- Derivatives and structured financial products
- Economics and Accounting
- Education Economics and Development
- Efficiency and performance of financial institutions and bank branches
- Electronic Banking
- Electronic crime
- Electronic Finance
- Environmental accounting
- Experimental Design and Process Optimization
- Financial accounting
- Financial engineering
- Financial Markets and Derivatives
- Financial Services Management
- Financing decisions of banks
- Foreign exchange markets
- Forensic Accounting and Fraud
- Information security audits
- Investment banking
- Law and finance
- Management accounting
- Management Control Systems
- Management of financial institutions
- Managerial and Financial Accounting
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Monetary Economics and Finance
- Mutual funds management
- Portfolio management
- Prevention of fraud and unacceptable accounting practices
- Product Development
- Regulation and supervision of the banking industry, both nationally and internationally
- Regulations of financial markets
- Revenue Management
- Risk management and internal control
- Role of central banks
- Social accounting
- Strategic Engineering Asset Management
- Tax Accounting and Fraud
- Technological progress and banking
- Venture capital