The German Society of Pediatric Surgery has been appointed to host the 4th World Congress of the World Federation of Associations of Pediatric Surgeons. The Congress will take place in Berlin from October 13th — 16th, 2013. For our society this is a great honor and we have the pleasure to invite you to Berlin on this occasion.
Pre-Educational Sessions will be held the full sunday preceeding the conference (October 13, 2013). The format of the sessions will be highly interactive and will include brief didactics, debate and panel discussions, video demonstrations and audience participation. The maximum number of participants for these sessions will be 50 delegates.
The following sessions will be available:
- Oncology (Daniel C Aronson, IPSO)
- Urology (Patrick G. Duffy, ESPU)
- Minimal Invasive Surgery (Gordon A. MacKinlay, IPEG)
- Pediatric Traumatology (Lucas Wessel, GSPS)
Children‘s Surgery with Competence & Heart
The Congress motto is “Children‘s Surgery with Competence & Heart”, and many activities will be executed to meet both pretensions.
Clinical and scientific topics will include:
- Endoscopy and Minimal Invasive Surgery (including SILS, robotics)
- Hepato-biliary pancreatic surgery
- Short bowel syndrome
- Surgery of newborn and congenital malformations
- Thoracic surgery (including CDH)
- Vascular anomalies and malformations