4th International Conference and Workshop on Basic and Applied Sciences (4th ICOWOBAS) 2013 and Regional Annual Fundamental Science Symposium 2013 (RAFSS 2013) are series of interdisciplinary conference and workshop devoted to all aspects of science and mathematics, namely the field of physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology. It is jointly organized by the Faculty of Science (Universiti Teknologi Malaysia), Ibnu Sina Institute for Fundamental Science Studies (Universiti Teknologi Malaysia), Universitas Airlangga (Surabaya, Indonesia) and Salahaddin University (Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan), running September 3-5, 2013 in Senai, Johor, Malaysia.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry
- Materials and Polymer Chemistry
- Natural Products and Medicinal Chemistry
- Analytical and Forensic Chemistry
- Environmental and Green Chemistry
- Physics and renewable energy
- Computational Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Optics and Photonics
- Solid State Physics
- Nuclear and radiation physics
- Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Statistics and Probability
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering
- Microbial Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Environmental Biochemistry and Biotechnology
There are two categories of paper: oral and poster. Desired category can be stated during the submission. However, final category of accepted papers will be decided by the program committee. Poster(s) will be presented during special designated session of the conference.
Poster size: A1 (840mm x 590mm)
One day pre-conference workshop
One-day workshop on special topics in sciences and mathematics will be held during the conference. The special topics are :
- Bioscience : Spin Column Protocol for High-throughput Purification of His-tagged Recombinant Protein
- Chemistry : Materials Characterisations
- Workshop 1 - TGA &DSC
- Workshop 2 - XRF & N2 Adsorption)
- Mathematics : Workshop Statistic
- Physics : Computer Interfacing Via Usb Port Utilizing PIC18F14K50 Microcontroller
The workshop will allow an assessment of the current state of the art of resources, and will provide a forum for the discussion of current problems, questions and open issues, which will be useful in guiding further research in the respective area.
Keynote and Plenary Speakers
- Prof. Hamido Fujita – Director of Intelligent Software Systems Laboratory Iwate Prefectural University (IPU) Iwate, Japan. (CV)
- Tan Sri Dr Salleh Mohd Nor – UTM's Pro Chancellor, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia.
- Prof. Dato’ Dr Roslan Abd Shukor – School of Applied Physics, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia.
- Prof. David Bradley – Department of Physics, University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom. (CV)
- Prof. Steven James Langford – School of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Monash University, Victoria, Australia. (CV)
- Prof. Dato' Dr Abdul Razak Salleh – School of Mathematical Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia.
The full papers will be published as a Conference Proceedings of 4th ICOWOBAS-RAFSS 2013.
Some outstanding full papers will be invited to be published into selected journals. The selected submit a full paper for the conference to be considered for publication in Jurnal Teknologi (ISSN: 1944-1886/1944-1878), Matematika (ISSN: 0127-8274), Malaysian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences (ISSN: 1823-626X) and Book Chapters to be published by UTM Press. Original papers are solicited in all related areas of Science and Mathematics. Each paper should state clearly and concisely the specific results and previously unpublished work. All papers will be refereed and selected papers will be published in the scopus-indexed journal or open sources journal. The committee has the right to reject papers that do not comply with the given format.