Chinese Management Studies (CMS) founded in 2007 by Dr. FOO Check Teck (SSCI 2011) is globally recognized as a leading research journal. Contributions from authors that advance Chinese thinking on management are welcomed. Professors are encouraged to adopt a multi-method, cross-disciplinary approach in their research.
Our highly competitive Global Chinese Management Studies Conference (CMS) always attract talented academics, researchers and scholars to present and share their research findings on both consumer and organizational behavior related to China management-the world’s largest and fastest growing economy. Research on other emerging markets is also welcome. All interested academics and marketing practitioners are invited to register and attend, subject to conference capacity constraints.
The theme of CMS conference 2014 is Innovation, Governance and Best Practices focus on how organizations in China are aligning management theory with business practice through innovation and technology and will be held August 6 – 7, 2014 in Singapore at the Concorde Hotel Singapore.
Dr. Foo Check Teck – Brief Profile
What can you expect at 2014 CMS?
We make a concerted effort to provide participants with ample opportunities to interact and learn the latest initiatives in Chinese management.
- Welcome reception for all first-time attendees to the conference
- Reception for international attendees
- An intellectually stimulating scientific program featuring more than 100 presentations by leading researchers, teachers, and practitioners
- Opportunities to attend special sessions which include in-depth workshops on the latest innovations in practice
- Special plenary sessions that capitalize on our unique location including topics on East-West science and practice collaborations
- A full day of theme-track programming featuring compelling TED-style talks centered on ways we can expand business thinking and applied research
- Two Research Awards will be selected in each sessions for:
— Best Research Paper Award
— Best Student Paper Award
- Closing reception featuring Asian food, shopping and entertainment
The Organizers invite business operators, business consultants, academics and researchers from all fields of applications and backgrounds to submit papers to the 2014, 4th Global Chinese Management Studies Conference (CMS).
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Antecedents of Reverse Logistics: Strategy
- Beyond CSR: Welfarism and Management
- Chinese Overseas Investment
- Civil Society and Media
- Confucianism, Innovation and Corporate Culture
- Corporate Performance: Social and Financial
- East-West Collaboration in Research on Management
- Energy, Population and Sustainable Strategy
- Enterprise Innovativeness for Service Quality
- Harmony, Institutional Reform and the Railway
- Impact of Re-shoring on Management
- Industry, employment and Sustaining Development
- Innovation and Organization: Sino/Austrian Perspectives
- Institutional Environment, Accounting and Efficiency
- Management Research
- Managing Virtual Technology
- Mobile Business Market
- Politics, Institutional Environment and CSR
- Psychological Contract: “De” and “Neng”
- SME, Soft Environment and Product Life Cycle
- Stress, Job Burnout and Job Satisfaction
- Success in Globalizing Classical Culture
- Work Stress, Behavior and Leadership
The Conference Proceedings, will be submitted for indexing to Cabell’s Directories, ProQuest, EBSCO, Ulrich’s Periodical Directory, Springer, and Scopus amongst others, where applicable.
Selected papers presented at the confernce will be invited for publication to the SSCI 2011 which will be submitted for indexing to Cabell’s Directories Proquest, EBSCO, Ulrich’s Periodical Directory, Springer, and Scopus amongst others where applicable
Who Should Attend
- Leading Academics, PhD Students
- Thought leaders
- National and Local Government, Provincial
- Government and Municipalities
- Engineers and Consultants
- Municipal Managers
- Key Industry Players & Industry Consultants
- Business Stakeholders and Decision Makers
- Business Consultants