The International Academic Forum (IAFOR) is kindly inviting you to participate in the 4th Asian Conference on Ethics, Religion and Philosophy (ACERP), held on March 26 – 29, 2015 in Osaka, Japan at the Rihga Royal Hotel.
ACERP2015 Conference Theme: “Power”
Power, used or abused, conceptually brings together several central philosophical questions of ethics and religion.
- What is power?
- What conditions make its exercise legitimate?
- How is illegitimate use to be defined?
- Is power itself, as some have claimed, neutral?
- Can its exercise ever be neutral?
- Can there be an unconscious use or abuse of power?
- If so, how does it function?
This selection of problems and themes call for perpetual reflection, and we are confident that this theme will excite a number of new research avenues, and we look forward to this being an intellectually stimulating, enlightening and “powerful” event.
Conference Chairs and Featured Speakers
- Prof. Stuart D. B. Picken – Chairman of the IAFOR IAB, Japan
- Prof. Frank S. Ravitch – Michigan State University College of Law, United States
- Prof. Thomas Brian Mooney – Charles Darwin University
- Lowell Sheppard – Asia Pacific Director, HOPE International Development Agency
The Asian Conference on Ethics, Religion and Philosophy will again be held alongside the Asian Conference on Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences (ACP) 2015. Registration for either conference will allow attendees to attend sessions in the other.
Conference Theme and Streams
The conference theme is “Power” and the organizers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of disciplines and fields related to Ethics, Religion and Philosophy, including the following streams:
- Philosophy and Religion
- Philosophy and the Arts
- Philosophy and Public Policy
- Philosophy and Technology
- Philosophy and Culture
- Philosophy and Education
- Philosophy and Peace Studies
- Comparative Philosophy
- Linguistics, Language and Philosophy
- Medical Ethics
- Business and Management Ethics
- Ethics in Education
- Ethics, Law, and Justice
- Ethics and Globalization
- Ethics and Science
- Comparative Ethics
- Linguistics, Language and Ethics
- Theism and Atheism
- Feminism and Religious Traditions
- Religion and Education
- Religion and Peace Studies
- Mysticism, Faith, and Scientific Culture
- Interfaith Dialogue
- Comparative Religion
- Linguistics, Language and Religion
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation Studies
IAFOR Publishing Opportunities
The IAFOR Journal of Ethics, Religion and Philosophy is an editorially independent journal associated with ACERP. A small number of papers from the conference proceedings are selected by the journal editor. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the appropriate editor. These open access IAFOR’s journals, which conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organized thematically.
If your abstract is accepted and you have registered for the conference, you are encouraged to submit a full paper for inclusion in the official conference proceedings publishing on the website. Final papers should be uploaded through the submissions system. Please ensure that your paper is ready to go to press by the submission deadline.
Eye Magazine is the International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye magazine, we hope to enlighten you to various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.