The International Academic Forum in conjunction with its global partners is proud to announce the Fourth Asian Conference on the Arts and Humanities, to be held from April 4-7 2013, at the Ramada Hotel, Osaka, Japan.
Special Theme: "Connectedness, Identity and Alienation in the Arts and Humanities"
The conference offers the suggestion of an optional themes to concentrate the mind; "Connectedness, Identity and Alienation in the Arts and Humanities", and the organizers encourage submissions that approach this themes from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of inter/disciplinary and theoretical perspectives. For more details about submitting an abstract, please scroll down the page.
Submissions are organized into the following thematic streams:
- Teaching and Learning the Arts
- Arts Policy, Management and Advocacy
- Arts Theory and Criticism
- Social, Political and Community Agendas in the Arts
- Visual Arts Practices
- Performing Arts Practices: Theatre, Dance, Music
- Literary Arts Practices
- Media Arts Practices: Television, Multimedia, Digital, Online and Other New Media
- Other Arts
- Media, Film Studies, Theatre, Communication
- Aesthetics, Design
- Language, Linguistics
- Philosophy, Ethics, Consciousness
- History, Historiography
- Literature/Literary Studies
- Political Science, Politics
- Teaching and Learning
- Ethnicity, Difference, Identity
- Immigration, Refugees, Race, Nation
- First Nations and Indigenous Peoples
- Sexuality, Gender, Families
- Religion, Spirituality
- Cyberspace, Technology
- Science, Environment and the Humanities
- Other Humanities
Authors of Accepted Abstracts will have theopportunity of publishing their associated paper in the official conference proceedings, and a selection of papers will be considered for inclusion in the internationally peer-reviewed IAFOR Journal of Arts and Humanities.
LibrAsia 2013 Sister Conference
ACAH 2013 will be held alongside the Second Asian Conference on Literature and Librarianship - LibrAsia 2013, and registrants for either conference will be given the opportunity to attend sessions in the parallel event at no extra charge.