The Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) is kindly inviting you to participate in the 4th Annual International Conference on Computer Science Education: Innovation and Technology (CSEIT) 2013, held October 28 – 29, 2013 in Phuket, Thailand.
To fulfill the country’s objectives, a country needs to organize and improve its education systems. One area of education that has undergone profound change and significant progress is computer education. Comprehensive Education Programs have been created and implemented.
As computing evolves, so does Computer Science as a discipline. This puts continual pressure on Computer Science educators to review, revise and rewrite the courses and the curriculum. Educators have been rising up to the challenge, creating new courses, introducing innovative ideas and practices into existing courses, re-organizing the major and carve out minors.
Computer education forms a part of the school and college curricula, as it is important for every individual today, to have basic knowledge of computers.
Innovation is expensive. Change takes time, effort and commitment. The conference is designed to spark discussion among creative educators, researchers, consultants, training managers, policy makers, curriculum developers, entrepreneurs, and others in Computer Science Education. Many individuals are transforming learning environments in local as well as more global ways. This conference offers an opportunity to meet and discuss their ideas, findings, and next steps.
- The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251 – 2195, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251 – 2209) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell’s Directories amongst others, where applicable.
- Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
- Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Computing (JoC) (Print ISSN: 2251 – 3043, E-periodical: 2010 – 2283), which is indexed by EconBiz, EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest, Ulrichsweb and Cabell’s Directories.
- Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in “Innovations in Technology Enhanced Learning” to be published by GSTF in collaboration with Cambridge Scholars Publishing. The book will be edited by Dr. Liz Bacon, Dean, School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences, University of Greenwich, UK.
- CSEIT 2013 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
- Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the CSEIT 2013. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
Keynote Speech: Prof. Farid Shirazi
Senior Researcher, Institute for Innovation and Technology Management, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada, Assistant Professor and Faculty Learning Edge Advisor, Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- System Performance Understanding
- Active Learning
- Case-Based Learning
- Collaborative Learning
- Educational Technology
- Problem-Based Learning
- Peer Learning
- Web-based Training
- Virtual Learning
- Team Teaching
- A Multi-perspective Digital Library
- Detecting Plagiarized Programs
- Linearization technique
- Phylogenetic Tools
- Synoptic Assessment for Students
- Integrated System for Interaction Support
- Automated Assessment
- Affective Imagery Surveys
- Teaching Software
- Ambient Intelligence
- Computer Assisted Assessment
- Online Concept Formation
- Integrated Online Courseware
- Learning by Game-Building
- Learning Styles
- Strategies Sessions
- Multiple Implementation Languages
- New Interactive Tools
- Pattern –Oriented Instruction
- Explorative Learning
- Outcome-based Approach