The European Conference on Social Media (ECSM) was established 4 years ago. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the 4th Edition at the Business and Media School of the Mykolas Romeris University (MRU), the largest university of Social Sciences in Lithuania. The conference will commence on July 3 – 4, 2017 in Vilnius, Lithuania. Our university is ranked among the TOP3 educational institutions as having the fastest high speed Internet in the world so we can really take advantage of modern social media and Web 2.0 technology. The newly established MRU network of 19 scientific laboratories is carrying out interdisciplinary research activities in the field of digital social innovation.
The conference has attracted participants from more than 40 countries and been attended by a combination of academic scholars, public sector workers, practitioners and individuals who are engaged in various aspects of the social media industry. A number of journals are selecting papers from the conference for further development and publication. At ECSM 2017 we will be launching the 1st Social Media in Practice Excellence Awards. We are looking forward to an interesting competition in Vilnius.
Conference Theme and Topics
Social media is being adopted and applied in almost every area of human activity, be it for personal applications, in education, for commercial applications or in the public sector. The rapid uptake of social media is related to many factors including its ease of use and adaptability to different devices. However, it also poses some challenges and problems that need to be addressed and discussed. Taking this into consideration ECSM 2017 seeks to establish a home for researchers and practitioners with a wide range of approaches to engaging with the impact, use and potential of social media across disciplines.
The conference committee welcomes contributions on a wide array of topics using a range of scholarly approaches including theoretical and empirical papers employing qualitative, quantitative and critical methods.
Please see the ECSM Call for Papers, Important Dates below.
- Social media in business
- Social media in education
- Social media in the present knowledge economy
- The networked citizen
- Monitoring and evaluating social media
- Security of social media
- Big Social Data Analytics
- Social Media in Education
- Use of Enterprise Social Media on Enterprise
- Social Media Innovation
- Ethical use of social media data
Papers accepted for the ECSM will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN (2055−7213) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication.
Papers that have been presented at the Conference will be considered for further development and publication in the following journals:
- Online Information Review published by Emerald Insight, ISSN: 1468 – 4527
- International Journal of Social Media and Interactive Learning Environments published by Inderscience, ISSN 2050 – 3962
- International Journal of Web-Based Communities published by Inderscience,
- Journal of Information, Communication and Ethics in Society published by Emerald Insight, ISSN 1477-996X
Proceedings of the European Conference on Social Media (ECSM) are:
- indexed in the Thomson Reuters ISI (WOS) Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- indexed by the Institution of Engineers and Technology in the UK (INSPEC)
- Listed in the EBSCO database.
- Listed in the ProQuest database.
- Indexed by Google Books and Google Scholar
The Conference Proceedings are submitted for accreditation on publication. Please note that depending on the accreditation body, this process can take several months.