CoPedia is one of the few congresses that brings together groups of interdisciplinary experts to tackle current clinical controversies in the field of pediatrics. The 3rd CoPedia will focus on Infectious Diseases, Immunizations, Nutrition, Endocrinology, Obesity, Allergy, Asthma, Neurology, ADHD, Cardiology, Hematology, Neonatology, and more.
The CoPedia scientific program will address the most burning questions in the field of pediatrics and will provide an effective forum to discuss and debate these questions. In addition, there will ample time allocated to speaker-audience discussions.
- Infectious diseases
- Adolescent Medicine – alcohol abuse, mood and affect disorders
- Endocrinology – GH therapy, The management of short stature, genetics of congenital hypothyroidism
- Neurology – headache, migraine, ADEM
- Obesity – bariatric surgery
- Professionalism /ethics
- Prenatal genetic screening (history, geography and cost)
- Gastroenterology – Crohn’s dis. IBD, celiac
- Hematology – Thrombophylia screening before contraceptive pills
- Neonatology – premature infants: long term follow-up re growth and development
- Cardiology – Any examination before giving a written consent to adolescents for competitive sport?
- Aayed Alqahtani – King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Jordi Anton – University of Barcelona, Spain
- Shai Ashkenazi – Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Sami Bahna – LSU Health Sciences Center, USA
- Ami Balin – Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Gideon Koren – Hospital for Sick Children, Canada
- Uri Kramer – Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Dorit Lev – Wolfson Medical Center, Israel
- Marc Michalsky – The Ohio State University, USA
- Shimon Reif – Hadassah Ein Kerem Medical Center, Israel
- Cimaz Rolando – University of Florence, Italy
The 3rd CoPedia has been submitted for accreditation by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) at the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
The CME accreditation is valid for the main congress program only and does not cover the company-sponsored symposia.
For the Italian participants
The program of the 3rd CoPedia will be submitted for CME accreditation from the Italian Ministry of Health.
ISO 9001 Certification
This Quality certification requires all participants to fill in a scientific questionnaire and to evaluate the overall quality of the event. Questionnaires will available online at the Congress website as at the conclusion of the congress for 3 weeks.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest (COI)
All declarations of potential or actual conflicts of interest, whether due to a financial or other relationship, must be provided to the EACCME® upon submission of the application. Declarations must include whether any fee, honorarium or arrangement for re-imbursement of expenses in relation to the event has been provided.
Industry support disclosure
We confirm that all funding provided is free of any attempt to influence the program, individual sessions, subjects for discussion, content or choice of faculty members conflicts of interest. Support of the Congress is kept in strict accordance with CME accreditation criteria.
CME for USA participants
UEMS/EACCME CME credit recognition
The American Medical Association (AMA) has an agreement of mutual recognition of continuing medical education (CME) credit with the European Union of Medical Specialties (UEMS). Under the terms of this agreement, the AMA will convert CME credit certified by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME), the accrediting arm of the UEMS, to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians (MDs, DOs or equivalent international degree) may have their EACCME credit converted to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ by applying to the AMA.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
- Assess and appraise controversial issues based on the latest findings by leading scientists in the field of Pediatrics
- Evaluate best practices in Pediatrics
- Discuss new scientific knowledge and recent research findings in the field of Infectious diseases, Allergy, Asthma, Immunizations, ADHD, Nutrition, Adolescent Medicine, Endocrinology, Neurology, Pharmacology, Obesity, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Neonatology, Cardiology
- Recognise opportunities for scientific collaborations around the world
- Integrate the most up to date information in their clinical and research activities
- Evaluate the most important aspects of diagnosis and treatment of Pediatrics
Presentations, discussions and debates will focus on the latest developments in Pediatrics.