ComtecMed Medical Congresses is proud to announce that the 3rd Latin America Congress on Controversies to Consensus in Diabetes, Obesity and Hypertension (CODHy) 2014 will take place in Panama City, Panama on March 13 – 16, 2014.
The 1st and 2nd Latin America CODHy Congresses were held in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 2010 and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2012. These congresses were devoted to locally oriented, evidence-based discussions amongst chairpersons, speakers and the audience. Both were vibrant academic events with a regional focus and attracted a large number of participants from all over the world.
By holding the congress in a Panama, a country connecting north and south, we hope to bring an even more eclectic and diverse audience to this exceptional academic congress where we believe all participants will benefit from the excellence of the scientific program and world-renowned faculty.
Bringing to the forefront and highlighting the crucial issues and debates facing clinicians and patients in Latin America, the congress enables an interaction which benefits both the professionals as well as the patients; accomplishing the goal of CODHy to bridge gaps between the expansion of information and its consolidation in clinical practice.
- Adipose tissue
- Bariatric Surgery
- Bariatric surgery and T2D: Are their therapeutic weight loss independent effects?
- Blood Glucose Targets
- Can we Achieve Durable Therapy for A1C by Triple Therapy?
- Can We Improve CV Outcome?
- Diabetes Algorithm
- Diabetes and acute coronary dysfunction
- Diabetic Heart
- Diagnosis of Diabetes and Its Complications
- Do we need additional markers beyond the Framingham score for cardiovascular risk assessment?
- Evidence Based Guidelines: European vs. American
- Hypertension Treatment
- Incretin therapy — Safety issues
- Lessons to Learn from CV Outcome Studies
- New GLP1 analogs
- Novel Therapy in Diabetes
- Overview on the new drugs for obesity
- Place of Insulin/Incretin Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes
- PPAR Gama in T2D
- Resistant Hypertension
- Role of GLP1 in T2D
- role of the Kidney in Glucose homeostasis
- Should we base diabetes diagnosis on A1C?
- Should we normalize blood glucose?
- Targeting the Kidney
- Treatment of hypertension in type 2 diabetes: Diuretics
- Jaime Davidson – USA
- Itamar Raz – Israel
- Daniel Abouganem – Panama
- Enrique Mendoza – Panama
Participants who wish to give a presentation at the congress are requested to submit an abstract for review by the scientific committee. A limited number of abstracts will be scheduled for oral presentation. The committee reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation. The committee reserves the right to select the abstracts relevant to the sessions. Abstracts will be published in the abstract book only on receipt of registration fees in full.
While submitting your abstract, please add the following information:
- Contact details of the presenting author(s)
- Details of affiliations of the author(s): institution, city, country
- Full name(s) of the author(s)
- Title of the abstract
- Abstracts cannot exceed 250 words and cannot include tables and graphs
- Be sure to make all changes, corrections and proofreading before submitting