India’s economic growth has passed through many phases over the past 60 years, and is now set to enter a new phase of development christened by free and open competition after 20 years of liberalization. With a robust industrial growth, India is considered as an emerging economic power, but in recent times business environment is characterized by growing disparity, inequality and widening gaps between the rich and the poor, elite and the grassroots, urban and rural etc. Pressures from various stakeholders are compelling businesses to take proactive steps to ensure sustainability in their operations and business practices.
These pressures can be from the external environment or from within the businesses enterprise. The key external environmental influencers are customers and social activist groups who are increasingly becoming anxious about the impact of businesses on the environment and society. Another strong motivating external influence is the fact that Indian businesses, by following international sustainability practices, can increase their attractiveness to forge partnerships globally. Additionally, the pressure to create and enhance value on a sustainable basis comes from within the organizations and from salient stakeholders.
Subsequently sustainability can be used as a competitive advantage by introducing innovative environment friendly products that lead to additional revenue streams and contributes to increase in brand equity. In the 21st Century, being sustainable is no more an option in business but it is imperative to the growth of the company and the shareholder value.
From this perspective, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur in collaboration with California State University San Bernardino CSUSB and National Environmental Engineering Institure NEERI Nagpur is organizing its 3rd International Conference on Sustainability and Management Strategy. The event will take place on March 21 – 22, 2014 in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
The aim of this conference is to provide an interdisciplinary forum for professionals, academicians, researchers, entrepreneurs, regulators and administrators to discuss and promote dissemination of information, results, innovations and improvisations in the broad area of sustainability and management strategy. Industries, academic institutions, regulatory bodies, government agencies and NGOs are invited to present papers and participate in the Conference on Sustainability and Management Strategy 2014.
Invited talks and panel discussions by well known academicians, corporate leaders, administrators and NGOs presenting their perspective.
Presentation of research papers and case studies based on the conference theme by academicians and practitioners.
We invite papers that are related to the following themes. However, the submissions are not restricted to the following specific areas but are welcome in all topics broadly related to Sustainability and Management Strategy:
- Sustainability initiatives in IT
- Competitive advantage through sustainability
- Environment and sustainability
- Sustainability reporting
- Sustainability adoption in production and manufacturing
- TQM and sustainability
- CSR, Ethics and corporate citizenship
- Sustainable innovations
- Environmental and sustainability management accounting
- Business Strategies for sustainable development
- Organizational development for social sustainability
- Sustainable globalization and implications for strategic corporate and national sustainability
- Public policy, environment and sustainability
- Economy and sustainability
- Green marketing
- Conference Chairperson: Dr. Gajavelli V.S
- Conference Co-Chair: Dr. Kapil Chaturvedi
- Conference Co-Chair: Prof.Vinod Kumar Mehta
- Organizing Secretary: Abhinav Chandel
- Dr. Ranjit Goswami – Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur
- Dr. Breena Coates – California State University San Bernardino
- Dr. Franklin – California State University San Bernardino
- Dr. Jason Ryan – California State University San Bernardino
- Dr. Vipin Gupta – California State University San Bernardino
- Dr. CV Chalapati Rao – National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Nagpur
- Dr.Faisal Talib – Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh
- Dr. R Phatate – FLAME, Pune
- Dr. Dorien DeTombe – Delft University of Technology, Amsterdam
- Dr. R K Jena – Institute of ManagementTechnology, Nagpur