The Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) is seeking participants for its 3rd Annual International Conference on Tourism and Hospitality Research (THoR) 2014, held July 21 – 22, 2014 in Singapore at the Hotel Fort Canning.
THoR conference aims to create an international platform for exchanging ideas, debate, opinions, research results among academicians and practitioners globally and incorporate methodological research that addresses issues on tourism and hospitality industry. To promote excellence in teaching and stimulating research in tourism and hospitality; provides essential and intelligent information about worldwide hospitality and tourism issues, practices, challenges and solutions both practically and theoretically.
Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the THoR 2014. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
Prof. the Hon. Dr. Stephen Martin – Member, Board of Governors, Global Science & Technology Forum (GSTF)
- Prof. Ian Eddie – PhD FCPA, Director, DBA Program, Southern Cross Business School, Southern Cross University, Australia
- Assoc. Prof. Stanislav Ivanov – Vice Rector for Academic Affairs and Research, International University College, Bulgaria: “Exploring the ‘Globalisation – Destination Competitiveness – Tourism’s Impact on Economic Growth’ Nexus – A Golden Triangle or Self-Deception?“
Proceedings: The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251 – 3426, E-periodical: 2251 – 3434) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell’s Directories amongst others, where applicable.
Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Business Review (GBR) (Print ISSN: 2010 – 4804, E-periodical: 2251 – 2888) which is indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, EconBiz, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb and Cabell’s Directories.
Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in “Business Review: Advanced Applications Vol. 2″ to be published by GSTF. The book will be edited by Dr. Farid Shirazi, EIC of GBR. He is an Assistant Professor & ITM Learning Edge Faculty Advisor in Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
Key Areas of Focus (but not limited to):
- Sustainable Tourism
- Medical Tourism
- Heritage Tourism
- Educational Tourism
Related interest areas include, but are not limited to:
- The Business of Tourism
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Understanding Tourism and Hospitality
- Tour/Event Operation and Management
- Leisure Management
- Hotel and Restaurant/Beverages Management
- Health and Wellness Tourism
- Visitor Management
- Home Hosting
- Public Sector Approaches to Tourism and Hospitality Development
- Tourism and Immigration
- Marketing Approaches/Strategies in Tourism and Hospitality
- Accounting and Finance in Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Information Technology in Tourism and Hospitality
- Human Resource Management in Tourism and Hospitality
- Climate Change, Adventure, High Risk and Accidents
- Volunteer Tourism
- Adaptive Analysis Techniques/Research Methods
- Customer Care and Service Quality in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Tourism Security and Safety