Welcome to the 3rd Annual International Conference on Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences (PHARMA). The conference aims to explore pharmacology, its relation with pharmaceutical sciences and application in the development of healthcare products. The conference is organised by the Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) on October 26 – 27, 2015 in Bangkok, Thailand.
Through sharing and networking, PHARMA 2015 will provide an opportunity for researchers, practitioners and educators to exchange research evidence, practical experiences and innovative ideas on issues related to pharmacology and pharmaceutical sciences.
Keynote Address: Dr. Anthony Tsarbopoulos – Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Athens Medical School, Director of Bioanalytical Department, GAIA Research Center, The Goulandris Natural History Museum, Athens, Greece.
Journal: All authors who present their papers at the conference will be invited to submit an extended version of their research paper for the GSTF Journal of Advances in Medical Research (JAMR) (Print ISSN: 2345 – 7201, E-periodical: 2345-721X). All submitted papers will go through blind review process for acceptance. All accepted papers (after the review process) will be included in the JAMR on a complimentary basis (free-of-charge). GSTF JAMR is hosted and published on Springer’s Open Access publishing platform — Global Science Journals (GSJ). In addition, it will be indexed by PubMed Central (PMC), EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb, Cabell’s Directories, ScienceDirect and will be submitted to Google Scholar, IndexCopernicus, amongst others.
The Conference Proceedings: Print ISSN: 2345-783X, E-Periodical ISSN 2345 – 7953 is indexed by Ulrichsweb, EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell’s Directories amongst others, where applicable.
Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in “Advances in Pharmacology & Pharmaceutical Sciences” to be published by GSTF. The editor of the book is Dr. Robert Vandenberg, Professor of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Sydney, Australia.
Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
Panel Proposals are invited for submission. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmaceutics
- Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Protein-Protein Interactions as Drug Targets
Related interest areas include, but are not limited to:
- Adrenergic Drugs
- Anesthesia Pharmacology
- Application of membrane protein structure determination and its applications in drug design
- Chemotherapy and other antineoplastic drugs
- Cholinergic Drugs
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Design and optimization of dosage regimens
- Drug Development
- Drug metabolism & interactions
- Nursing Pharmacology
- Personalized Medicine
- Pharmaceutical crops
- Pharmaceuticals testing
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics
- Serotonin Pharmacology
- Characterization of Drugs and Biotherapeutics
- Applications of ADME in Early Drug Discovery
- Rapid Methods to Assess Quality & Stability of Biotherapeutics
- Program Chair: Dr. Robert Vandenberg – Professor Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Sydney, Australia
- Editor-In-Chief: Dr. Wong Tin Wui – Director of Non-Destructive Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research Centre, Universiti Teknologi Mara, Malaysia
- Dr. Venkat Gopalakrishnan – Professor & Head, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Dr. Yashwant (Yash) Pathak – Professor and Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Research, Health College of Pharmacy University Of South Florida, USA
- Dr. Shufeng Zhou – Professor, Associate Vice President of Global Medical Development, Associate Dean of International Research, College of Pharmacy & Morsani College of Medicine, University Of South Florida, USA
- Dr. Jun Ren – Associate Dean for Research & Professor of Pharmacology College of Health Sciences, University of Wyoming, Laramie, USA
- Dr. Jonathan Blay – Associate Director, Research and Graduate Studies, Professor, School of Pharmacy, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Dr. Zainol Akbar Zainal – Deputy Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy (Student Affair), Cyberjaya University, Malaysia
- Dr. Grzegorz Sawicki – Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Dr. Sadia Sultan – Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia
- Dr. Anthony Tsarbopoulos – Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Athens Medical School & Director of Bioanalytical Department, GAIA Research Center, The Goulandris Natural History Museum, Athens, GREECE
- Dr. Leslie Z. Benet – Professor, UCSF School of Pharmacy, Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, University of California, USA
- Prof. Moses S.S. Chow – Professor and Director College of Pharmacy, FCCP 1985 American College of Clinical Pharmacy, FCP 1988 American College of Clinical Pharmacology, Western University of Health Sciences, USA
- Assoc. Prof. Xiaodong Feng – Associate Professor of Clinical & Administrative Sciences, California Northstate University, USA
- Assoc. Prof. Mariana Babayeva – Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, Touro University, USA
- Dr. Gopal Pillai – Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sullivan University, USA
- Prof. Ram I. Mahato – Head and Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Nebraska, USA
- Assoc. Prof. Carlos Feleder – Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences Albany Campus, Albany College, USA
- Assoc. Prof. Arindam Basu Sarkar – Associate Professor Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Findlay, USA
- Assoc. Prof. David X. Liu – Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Washington State University USA
- Prof. Nicholas Barnes – Professor of Neuropharmacology, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham UK
- Prof. Raid Alany – Professor Of Pharmaceutics, Kingston University UK
- Prof. John Howl – Professor, Molecular Pharmacology Research Group, Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Prof. Patrick Ball – Professor of Pharmacy and Theme Leader, Charles Darwin University, Australia
- Dr. Heather Benson – Associate Professor, School of Pharmacy, Curtin University, Australia
- Dr. Crispin Dass – Professor, School of Pharmacy, Curtin University, Australia
- Assoc. Prof. Christine R. Birnie – Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St. John’s Fischer College, USA
- Assoc. Prof. Fawzy A. Elbarbry – Associate Professor, Pacific University, USA
- Prof. Lisa E. Davis – Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Sciences Philadelphia, USA
- Assoc. Prof. Zaher Judeh – Associate Chair (Students), School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Division of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Dr. D. Nagasamy Venkatesh – Assistant Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutics, JSS College of Pharmacy, Udhagamandalam, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Dr. Prashant Suresh Kharkar – Associate Professor and HOD of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, NMiMS SPP School of Pharmacy and Technology Management, NMIMS Main Campus (Mumbai), India