The Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) is kindly inviting you to participate in the 3rd Edition of it’s “Annual International Conference on Law, Regulations and Public Policy (LRPP)“ 2014, held June 9 – 10, 2014 in Bangkok, Thailand.
The laws of the land lay the foundations of peace and order, and to ensure people progress in all aspects of their lives – whether in business, education, travel, health or recreation. The role of public officials is to create, scrutinize, implement and uphold the laws in order to protect the rights of every individual, corporate entity or institution.
Educators of law thus possess the task of not only shaping each and every generation of legal practitioners into knowledgeable and responsible agents, but also the study of issues which surround the practice of law and its implementation across jurisdictions.
Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the LRPP 2014. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
- Prof. Chan Wing Cheong – Faculty of Law, National University Singapore: “Constitutional Restraints on Mandatory Imprisonment Sentences“
- Prof. Bradley Myers – Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Associate Professor of Law, Randy H. Lee Professor of Law, University of North Dakota, USA: “The Future of Legal Education: The Impact of Regulation, Technology and Globalization on the Training of Lawyers“
- Proceedings: The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251 – 3809, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251 – 3817) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell’s Directories amongst others, where applicable.
- Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal of Law and Social Sciences (JLSS) (Print ISSN: 2251 – 2853, E-periodical: 2251 – 2861) which is indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb and Cabell’s Directories.
- Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in “Contemporary Social Science Insights Vol. 2″ to be published by GSTF in collaboration with Cambridge Scholars Publishing. The book will be edited by Edward P. Wolfers, CSM CMG BA PhD, Foundation Professor of Politics, University of Wollongong (NSW, Australia).
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Intellectual Property (IP) Law
- Trademarks Law
- Copyright Law
- R&D and innovation in high-tech
- Open standards and entrepreneurship
- Competition in two-sided markets
- High-tech and anti-trust policy
- The Internet Search
- Law of common areas
- Labour Law
- Environmental and Energy Law
- Human Rights/Civil Liberty
- Corporate Finance Law
- Taxation Law
- Public Law Fundamentals
- Transport Law
- Tourism Law
- Immigration Law
- Criminal Law
- International Economics and Trade Law
- Public Contract Law
- Law of International Regulations
- Media Law
Regulations & Public Policy
- Public Policy
- Defense Policy
- Terrorism and Anti-Drugs Policy
- Immigration Law including citizenship
- Criminal Law including foreign and security
- Webscience, ePrivate Policy
- Procurement and Business Regulations
- Antitrust Economics and Competition Policy
- Regulation, Private Sector Authority and Market Building
- Public Policies and Behaviour of Economic Agents
- Interjurisdictional differentials and their effects
- Development planning and policy
- Regional Development Policy
- Social Policy