The 3rd Annual International Conference on Geological and Earth Sciences (GEOS) 2014 will take place in Singapore on September 22 – 23, 2014 at the Fort Canning Hotel. The Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) is kindly seeking your participation by submitting high quality scientific works and looking forward welcoming you.
As the only life-bearing planet, Earth provides resources and the exact conditions to make life possible. However, with the advent of technology and industrialization, the Earth’s resources are being pushed to the brink of depletion. Non-sustainable industrial practices are not only endangering the supply of the Earth’s natural resources, but are also putting burden on life itself by bringing about pollution and climate change.
A major role of earth science scholars is to examine the delicate balance between the Earth’s resources and the growing demands of industrialization. Through research and development, earth scientists have the power to preserve the planet’s different resource domains by providing expert opinion and information about the forces which make life possible on Earth.
- The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251 – 3353, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251 – 3361) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell’s Directories amongst others, where applicable.
- Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in “Recent Advances in Geosciences: Global Perspective” to be published by GSTF. The book will be co-edited by Dr. M. S. Pandian, GEOS 2014 Editor-In-Chief, from Pondicherry University, India and Dr. James P. Terry from National University of Singapore.
- Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Geological Sciences (JGS) which is indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef and ProQuest.
- Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
- Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the GEOS 2014. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Economic Geology
- Engineering Geology
- Environmental Geology
- Exploration, Development and Production of Earth Resources
- Mineral Processing, Waste Management & Recycling
- Remote Sensing & GIS Applications in Earth Sciences
- Structural Geology
- Dynamic Tectonics
- Earthquake and Structural Engineering
- Rock Mechanics Applied to Seismology
- Climate Change and Global Warming