The 3rd Annual International Conference on Contemporary Cultural Studies (CSS) 2015 will commence on November 23 – 24, 2015 in Bangkok, Thailand and is organised by the Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF). You are kindly invited to submit your innovative and advanced work in the field of the Cultural and Ethic Studies or contribute as a panel organiser.
Cultural Studies is a diverse academic discipline encompassing many different approaches, methods and academic perspectives. It focuses on political dynamics of contemporary culture and its historical foundations, conflicts and defining traits, cultural studies.
The Annual International Conference on Advances in Contemporary Cultural Studies (CCS) aims to understand how meaning is generated, disseminated, and produced from the social, political and economic spheres within a given culture. CCS will tackle historical culture and how it affects the modern society.
Panel Proposals are invited for submission. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
Journal: All authors who present their papers at the conference will be invited to submit an extended version of their research paper for the GSTF Journal of Law and Social Sciences (JLSS) (Print ISSN: 2251 – 2853, E-periodical: 2251 – 2861). All submitted papers will go through blind review process for acceptance. All accepted papers (after the review process) will be included in the JLSS on a complimentary basis (free-of-charge). GSTF JLSS is hosted and published on Springer’s Open Access publishing platform — Global Science Journals (GSJ). In addition, it will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Cabell’s Directories and will be submitted to Google Scholar, IndexCopernicus, Scopus, amongst others.
The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2382 – 5650, E-Periodical ISSN: 2382-557X) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb, PsycEXTRA and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell’s Directories amongst others, where applicable.
Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in “Book Compilation on Cultural Studies” to be published by GSTF. The book will be edited by Dr. King Sang Ricardo Mak, CCS Program Chair, from Hong Kong Baptist University.
Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
Call For Papers /Conference Topics
Papers/topics dealing with Contemporary Cultural Studies including but not limited to:
- Art Criticism
- Art History
- Arts & Culture
- Communication Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Feminist Theory
- Film/Video Studies
- Literary Theory
- Museum Studies
- Political Economy
- Political Theory
- Social Class
- Social Theory
- Translation Studies
- Program Chair: Dr. King Sang Ricardo Mak – Professor and Head, Department of History, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Dr. Danny S. Paau – Chair and Professor, History Department, Director, United Nations Association of China and Director, History Teaching Support & Research Centre, Hong Kong Shue Yan University
- Dr. Anuschka Tischer – Professor, Chair for Early Modern History, Head of the Department of Modern History, University of Würzburg, Germany
- Dr. Claudia Theune-Vogt – Dean of the Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies, Head of the Department of Prehistoric and Medieval Archaeology, Vienna University, Austria
- Dr. Glyn Parry – Professor in Early Modern History, Department of Humanities, Northumbria University, UK
- Dr. Stephen Vlastos – Professor and Chair, Modern Japanese History, Department of History, University of Iowa, USA
- Dr. Nishat Zaidi – Professor in English, Jamia Millia Islamia, India
- Dr. Simi Malhotra – Professor, Department of English & Media Coordinator, Jamia Millia Islamia, India
- Dr. Genevieve Jorolan-Quintero – Assistant Professor VI, Humanities Department, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- University of the Philippines, Davao City, Philippines
- Dr. Sujatha Vijayaraghavan – Professor of English, Silver Jubilee Campus, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, India
- Prof. Saugata Bhaduri – Professor, Centre for English Studies, School of Language Literature and Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
- Dr. Jayanta Vishnu Das – Assistant Professor, Department of Cultural Studies, Tezpur University, India
- Prof. Ajay Kumar Dubey – Professor, Centre for Russian and Central Asian Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
- Dr. Seema Mamta Minz – Assistant Professor, Centre for Indigenous Cultural Studies, Central University of Jharkhand, India
- Dr. Sucheta Sen Chaudhuri – Head and Associate Professor, Centre for Indigenous Cultural Studies, Central University of Jharkhand, India
- Prof. Priyadarsi Mukherji – Professor in Chinese Language, Literature & Culture Studies, Centre for Chinese & South-East Asian Studies, School of Language, Literature & Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India
- Dr. Rabindranath Sharma – Associate Professor and Head, Centre for Tribal Folklore, Language and Literature, The Central University of Jharkhand, India
- Dr. Parasmoni Dutta – Assistant Professor, Department of Cultural Studies, Tezpur University, India
- Dr. Shamsher Alam – Assistant Professor, Centre for Tribal and Customary Law, School for the Study of Culture, The Central University of Jharkhand, India
- Dr. Geeta Kochhar – Assistant Professor, Centre for Chinese and South East Asian Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India
- Dr. (Ms.) Meenakshi Munda – Assistant Professor (Guest faculty), Centre for Indigenous Culture Studies, School for the Study of Culture, Central University of Jharkhand, India
- Dr. Abhay Sagar Minz – Assistant Professor in Anthropology, Ranchi College Ranchi, Member, Advisory Council, APIYN, Philippines.