- Professor Sue Jackson – Professor of Lifelong Learning and GenderPro-Vice Master of Teaching and Learning, Birkbeck, University of London, UK
- Professor Barbara Lockee – Professor of Instructional Design and Technology, Virginia Tech, USA
Conference Theme and Streams
Education, Power, and Empowerment: Transcending Boundaries
The conference theme for ACSET2015 is Education, Power, and Empowerment: Transcending Boundaries, and the organizers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
Submissions are organized into the following thematic streams:
- Technology and society: the social and societal impact and implications of technology
- Technology and society: technologies, societies and communities
- Education and technology: teaching, learning, technology & education support
- Education, technology and society: technologies, knowledge creation and access
- Technology and society: computers, technology & society: it delivery
- Technology and society: ict & security: questions of privacy, governance & trust
- Technology and society – green computing: ict, sustainability, energy and the environment
IAFOR Publishing Opportunities
The IAFOR Journal of Education is an editorially independent journal associated with ACSET. A small number of papers from the conference proceedings are selected by the journal editor. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the appropriate editor. These open access journals, which conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organized thematically.
If your abstract is accepted and you have registered for the conference, you are encouraged to submit a full paper for inclusion in the official conference proceedings published on the website. Final papers should be uploaded through the submissions system. Please ensure that your paper is ready to go to press by the submission deadline.
Eye Magazine is the International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye magazine, we hope to enlighten you to various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.