The Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) is kindly inviting you to participate in the Third Annual International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IE 2013) taking place in Singapore July 22-23, 2013.
Innovation is the introduction and creation of something new, in the form of an idea, skill, product, service or process, that helps improve an organization or society. The Annual International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IE) hopes to introduce a wider view of innovation as new methods of creating value, and to focus on research that study innovative processes, organizational practices, systems, supply chain design and other mechanisms that are related to operations in practice.
This conference aims to explore policies, measures and mechanisms for promoting innovation and entrepreneurship in various areas.
- The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251-2039, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-2047) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell's Directories amongst others, where applicable.
- Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
- Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Business Review (GBR) (Print ISSN: 2010-4804, E-periodical: 2251-2888) which is indexed by EconBiz, EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest, Ulrichsweb and Cabell's Directories.
- Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "Business Review: Advanced Applications" to be published by GSTF in collaboration with Cambridge Scholars Publishing. The book will be edited by Prof. Farid Shirazi, Assistant Professor & ITM Learning Edge Faculty Advisor, Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
- IE 2013 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
- Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the IE 2013. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Leveraging e-skills for innovation in the knowledge society
- Managing and Leveraging Complexity, Creativity and Innovation in SMEs
- Trust, Respect, Culture and Collaboration Issues for SMEs in SEE vs. other regions (EU and other)
- Leadership and Management practices that can be applied to SMEs
- SME Knowledge management and technology transfer
- SME Business process modeling
- New Technology Ventures Financing
- Business incubation management and leadership
- Human Resources Practices for promoting innovation for SMEs
- SMEs’ Entrepreneurship as an Innovation Driver
- Governmental and regional policies on entrepreneurship and innovation
- Entrepreneurial Universities and Entrepreneurial Innovation Clusters
- Entrepreneurship education
- University – Industry collaboration
- ICT and SME Regional competitiveness
- SMEs and the role of the Innovation Zone (business centers and incubators)
- Intangibles Valuation and Intellectual Property Rights
- Innovative Supply Chain Management practices in SEE
- Innovative Supply Chains
- Information Technology proliferation in SEE SMEs
- Opportunities and barriers for closer cooperation between South East European SMEs in Innovation & Entrepreneurship: Strategic Integration vs. Flexibility and SME Competitiveness
- Innovation Clusters, Technology Transfer and Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Networking as Driver of EICs formation
- Science & Technology Parks and EICs
- Young and Women Entrepreneurs development via EICs
- Benchmarking of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Best Practices in the region
- Innovation policy in SMEs
- The role of the State and Public Policy with regards to SME Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Innovation in enterprise education including methods and business succession
- From innovation to businesses: commercializing processes with students and/or spin offs
- Models of business incubation, business successions and transfers, promotion and implementation, projects
- Campus entrepreneurship
- Creativity in entrepreneurship and in enterprise education
- Entrepreneurship models such as growth entrepreneurship, portfolio
- Measuring impacts and effects
- Research into entrepreneurship intentions, motivation, attitudes, identity