Distribution and concurrency are pervasive in computer science and technology, from the simple PC, already multi-core, all the way up to supercomputing grids, and also graphic cards, PC clusters, distributed databases, and supercomputers. Distributed and parallel computing is also urged by the increasing computational requirements of various applications.
Special Track: Real Time and Embedded Systems
Real-time and embedded systems have become a necessity in almost every aspect of the daily lives of individuals and organizations, from self-contained applications to those embedded in various devices and services (mobile phones, vital sign sensors, medication dispensers, home appliances, engine ignition systems, etc). A large proportion of these systems are mission/life critical and time sensitive.
RTES 2012 provides a forum to bring together researchers and developers from academia and industry for advancing the technology of real-time and embedded systems. Aiming to be expansive and inclusive, RTES 2012 looks to embrace new and emerging areas of real-time and embedded systems research.
To celebrate RTES 2012, plan to come early and stay late and also enjoy a modern city surrounded by spectacular wilderness.
- The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251-1652, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-1660) will be indexed byEBSCO,Crossref,Proquestand will be submitted toScopus,ScienceDirectandCabell's Directoriesamongst others, where applicable.
- Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in theGSTF International Journal on Computing (JoC)(ISSN: 2010-2283) which is indexed byEBSCO,CrossRef,ProquestandCabell's Directories.
- Best Paper AwardsandBest Student Paper Awardswill be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
Advances in Distributed and Parallel Computing
- Parallel Computing
- Cluster Computing
- Volunteer Computing
- Grid and Cloud Computing
- Multi-core Architectures and Algorithms
- GPU Programming
- Web Services and Internet Computing
- Cooperative and Collaborative Computing
- Peer-to-peer Computing
- Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing
- New Parallel System Concepts and Architectures
- Distributed Systems Methodology and Networking
- Software Agents and Multi-agent Systems
- Algorithms, Models and Formal Verification
- Parallel Programming Paradigms and APIs
- Tools and Environments for Parallel Program Analysis
- Operating Systems for Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Task Scheduling and Load Balancing
- Performance Management in Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Parallel, Distributed and Mobile Databases
- Distributed Software Components
- Real-time Distributed and Parallel Systems
- Security in Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Fault Tolerance in Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Bio-inspired Parallel Algorithms
- Parallel Scientific Computing and Large Scale Simulations
- Parallel and Distributed Applications
- Network convergence
- Urban networks and applications
- Vehicular networks
Real Times and Embedded Systems
- Real-time operating systems
- Real-time scheduling
- Timing analysis
- Programming languages and run-time systems
- Middleware systems
- Design and analysis tools
- Communication networks and protocols
- Case studies and applications
- Media processing and transmissions
- Real-time aspects of Wireless sensor networks
- Energy aware real-time methods