The Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) is kindly inviting you to participate in the Third Annual International Conference on Accounting and Finance (AF 2013), held May 20-21, 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand.
As financial markets integrate and business operations diversify, there is a need for adoption of common global accounting practices. This need is further intensified when inadequacies in the financial reporting system have surfaced more often than not in the recent past infringing the credibility of reported financial data. Such incidents have bought a call for a research on better alignment of corporate financial reporting requirements amongst users of financial statements.
The AF conference is a forum of communication for academics, researchers, practitioners, and policymakers in the areas of accounting and finance. Through its broadly defined scope, we welcome research in areas such as accounting history, finance, financial reporting and communication methodologies, interdisciplinary perspectives on accounting, management control and public sector financial management. The AF conference provides an outlet for high-quality refereed empirical research on all aspects of accounting and finance. Purely theoretical research with the potential for empirical applications and in depth literature reviews will also be considered.
Opening Address will be delivered by: Prof. the Hon. Dr. Stephen Martin
Member, Board of Governors, Global Science & Technology Forum (GSTF), Former Speaker Parliament of Australia, Former Deputy Vice Chancellor (Strategy and Planning) Curtin University of Technology, Former Pro Vice Chancellor International, Victoria University
Keynote Address: "The Relationship between International Financial Reporting Standards, Carbon Emissions, and R&D Expenditures: Evidence from European Manufacturing Firms" will be delivered by: Professor Nicholas Apergis
Chairman, Dept. of Banking and Financial Management, Professor in Economics, University of Piraeus (Greece)
- The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251-1997, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-2004) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest, Ulrichsweb, PsycEXTRA and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell's Directories amongst others, where applicable. Furthermore the proceedings will also be published by Elsevier through Procedia Economics & Finance.
- Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
- Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Business Review (GBR) (Print ISSN: 2010-4804, E-periodical: 2251-2888) which is indexed by EconBiz, EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest and Cabell's Directories.
- Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "Business Review: Advanced Applications" to be published by GSTF. The book will be edited by Prof. Farid Shirazi, Assistant Professor & ITM Learning Edge Faculty Advisor, Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
- The top 2 to 3 papers will also be published in the International Journal of Economic Sciences and Applied Research (IJESAR) (Print ISSN: 1791-5120, Online ISSN: 1971-3373), which is indexed by EconLit, RePEc, CEEOL, DOAJ and SSRN.
- AF 2013 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
- Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the AF 2013. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting Challenges – Strategic Accounting
- Management Control Systems
- Creative Accounting and Earnings Management
- Forensic Accounting and Fraud
- Tax Accounting and Fraud
- Prevention of fraud and unacceptable accounting practices
- Information security audits
- Electronic crime
- Best Practices in Corporate Governance
- Asset-liability management
- Bank assurance
- Banking crises
- Derivatives and structured financial products
- Efficiency and performance of financial institutions and bank branches
- Financing decisions of banks
- Investment banking
- Management of financial institutions
- Regulation and supervision of the banking industry, both nationally and internationally
- Technological progress and banking
- The role of central banks
- Accounting standards and regulations
- Environmental accounting
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Risk management and internal control
- Social accounting
- Asset pricing
- Bankruptcy prediction and determinants
- Corporate finance
- Credit risk modelling and management
- Financial engineering
- Foreign exchange markets
- Law and finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Mutual funds management
- Portfolio management
- Regulations of financial markets
- Venture capital
- Accounting and Finance
- Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation
- Auditing Technology
- Banking, Accounting and Finance
- Behavioral Accounting and Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Critical Accounting
- Economics and Accounting
- Education Economics and Development
- Electronic Banking
- Electronic Finance
- Financial Markets and Derivatives
- Financial Services Management
- Culture and Business Management
- Managerial and Financial Accounting
- Monetary Economics and Finance
- Revenue Management
- Strategic Engineering Asset Management
- Applied Economic Studies
- Complexity in Business and Economics
- Business and Economics Engineering
- Experimental Design and Process Optimization
- Product Development