Oxford Global Conferences are proud to announce the 3rd Annual Peptides Congress 2016 taking place on 18 – 19 April 2016, at the Novotel London West in London, UK. The event provides a unique opportunity for over 400 senior-level biologics experts to network, exchange experiences and engage in scientific discussions about the current results and future challenges of peptides research and therapeutics. The conference is co-located with the 9th Annual Proteins & Antibodies Congress and 4th Annual Biosimilars & Biobetters Congress.
The peptides market represents a rapidly expanding area of pharmaceutical research. The improved peptide synthesis technologies, recent developments in macrocyclic and cell-penetrating peptides and the unquestionable vast potential of peptides in therapeutics all underpin the promising future that has been forecasted for the industry. Experts have also highlighted that the global peptide therapeutics market will reach $23.7 billion by 2020.
- Taiji Asami – Takeda
- Ashok Bhandari – Chemistry, Protagonist Therapeutics
- Abhijit Bhat – Chemistry, Ipsen
- Kathleen Farley – Pfizer
- Joanna Hay – Novozymes
- ChiChi Huang – Janssen
- Ronald Jackson – MedImmune
- Bhagyashree Khunte – Pfizer
- Janos T. Kodra – Novo Nordisk A/S
- Tomas Landh – Innovation Sourcing, Novo Nordisk A/S
- Aline Miller – University of Manchester
- Les Miranda – Therapeutic Discovery, Amgen
- Claudia Neri – Merck
- Cliona O’Farrelly – Trinity College Dublin
- John Robinson – University of Zürich
- Volker Schellenberger – Amunix
- Nick Terrett – Ensemble Therapeutics Corp.
- Daniel Teufel – Bicycle Therapeutics
- Eric Valeur – New Modalities & Lead Generation
- Jörg Vollmer – Nexigen GmbH
- Thomas Vorherr – Peptide Discovery, Novartis
- Steffen Weinbrenner – Drug Discovery, Polyphor Ltd
- Martin Will – LGCR Chemistry/Analytics, Sanofi
- Ada Yonath – The Helen and Milton A. Kimmelman Center for Biomolecular Structure and Assembly, Weizmann Institute of Science
- Jingtao Zhang – Merck
Day 1 – Advances in Peptides Research and Technologies
On day one our highly esteemed speakers will focus on the recent advancements in peptides research and technologies. Presentations will cover important areas such as novel formulation strategies for peptides, improved half-life extension methods and updates in macrocyclic, cell-penetrating and cyclic peptides. Technological advancements in peptide synthesis, screening and modification will also be addressed.
- Novel methods for peptides screening
- New technologies in peptides synthesis
- Synthesis of natural peptides and their biosynthesis
- Updates in cell-penetrating peptides, cyclic and macrocyclic peptides
- Advances in peptides self-assembly and macromolecular assembly
- Improving peptide properties: stability and half-life extension
- Formulation strategies for peptides
Day 2 – Case Studies in Peptide Therapeutics
On day two of the conference delegates will have the exclusive opportunity to hear presentations covering peptide therapeutics. Our highly distinguished experts will discuss the recent improvements in peptide drug delivery systems, utilising peptides in the clinic and peptide drug conjugates. Presentations will also extend to the exciting outcomes of antimicrobial peptides research as well as peptide drug conjugates.
- Updates in the preclinical and clinical development
- Case studies from therapeutics: oncology, diabetes
- Developments in the pharmacology of peptides
- Advancements in peptide drug delivery systems
- Peptide drug conjugates
- Developing successful peptide therapeutics
- Utilising peptides in the clinic
- Antimicrobial peptides and defensins
- Harmonising the guidelines for peptide therapeutics
Submit a poster
For attendees interested in submitting a poster, there are opportunities now available. Your poster presentation will be located in the exhibition room for two days alongside other posters from senior scientists working in industry and academia.
How to submit your abstract
We will require:
- Poster title, Abstract (200 words or less)
- Principal author, Organisation, Mailing address
- Email, Telephone, Fax
- Additional authors
In order to secure your board space a fee of £250 plus VAT will be required. The poster should be presented as A0 (841mm x 1189mm) portrait size. To take advantage of this opportunity you need to be registered as a paid delegate over the 2 days. We have limited spaces available, so please book soon!