The third edition of the Annual MaTax Conference will take place in Mannheim, Germany on October 4 – 5, 2016. We invite submissions on any topics broadly related to tax research, including papers from economics, law, political science, other disciplines, and interdisciplinary contributions.
The conference focuses particularly on applied and empirical papers related to business taxation, tax avoidance and evasion, behavioural responses to taxation, tax harmonization in the European Union, political economy of taxation, international taxation, tax law, and taxation of the financial sector. Download of the Conference-Programmes of the MaTax Conference 2015 and the MaTax Conference 2014.
We are very happy to announce that Dhammika Dharmapala (University of Chicago) will be giving a keynote speech.
The conference is organised by the Leibniz ScienceCampus “MannheimTaxation” (short: MaTax), which is a joint initiative of the University of Mannheim and the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW). MaTax aims to foster high-quality research in the broad field of taxation and provides a platform to bring together researchers from various tax disciplines.
- Philipp Dörrenberg (ZEW)
- Thomas Fetzer (University of Mannheim)
- Friedrich Heinemann (University of Heidelberg and ZEW)
- Eckhard Janeba (University of Mannheim)
- Katharina Nicolay (University of Mannheim and ZEW)
- Andreas Peichl (University of Mannheim and ZEW)
- Christoph Spengel (University of Mannheim)
- Johannes Voget (University of Mannheim)