XLRI Jamshedpur conducts the 2nd International Workshop on Inclusive Finance during September 13-15, 2013. The workshop brings academicians, practitioners, microfinance institutions and NGOs, who have a passion in the area of financial inclusion, to deliberate on research as well as contemporary issues. The workshop is expected to serve as a forum for intensive discussions among all stakeholders involved in financial inclusion.
The workshop consists of a series of:
- plenary sessions by distinguished speakers;
- thematic panel discussions;
- presentations of empirical and policy research,
- presentations of case studies; and
- a competition for innovations4impact.
There is no registration fee for the presenters. Participants without presentations are requested to send a DD of Rs 5000/- in favour of XLRI Jamshedpur payable at Jamshedpur. The fee includes the cost of accommodation for 3 nights and workshop kits.
We expect about 150 participants who may include executives banks and microfinance institutions, regulators, insurance companies, providers of health and micro insurance products, government officers involved in financial inclusion, corporate social responsibility divisions of companies, faculty and researchers working on financial inclusion, and students from business schools.
Special Plenary & Panel Discussion
The workshop will have special plenary sessions and panel discussions of leading industry experts and business leaders who will deliberate best practices and evolving framework in financial inclusion n. We intend to address the challenges faced while implementing the financial inclusion initiatives by the government and draw lessons for research.
Empirical and Policy Research: Paper Presentations
The theme for this year workshop is specifically addressed to product innovations. We invite original empirical and policy research papers for presentations in the following areas:
- Bank-led Financial Inclusion
- Innovations in Microfinance Models
- Peer-to-Peer Lending Innovations
- Microfinance to Livelihood Finance
- Producers’ Cooperative & Producers’ Company
- Product Bundling in Financial Inclusion
- Pricing Microloans & Transparency Issues
- Addressing Finance Constraints of Microenterprises
- Micro Savings Innovations for Poor
- Remittances and Payments System
- Rural and Agricultural Finance
- Social Capital and Impact Investing
- Structured Products and Securitization
- Micro Insurance Products
- Weather Insurance Products
- Commodity Finance & Warehouse Receipts
- Technological Innovations & Branchless Banking
- Financial Literacy and Financial Inclusion
- Consumer Protection in Microfinance
- Microfinance Regulatory & Governance Issues
We select 15-20 academic papers for publications by a well known international publisher (the details will be available soon). Papers with strong academic quality are specifically invited for presentation in these sessions, which will be deliberated by a panel of experts and authors receive feedback for revisions.
Innovation4Impact is a national level competition inviting innovators, social entrepreneurs, and finance experts, who have made a difference to the life of poor by linking finance to livelihoods. This competition may also include cases involving early stage social ventures that promises substantial future impact. The competition is being held along with the 2nd Workshop on Inclusive Finance, scheduled during September 13-15, 2013 at XLRI Jamshedpur. Please submit a two-page abstract (which should contain the date of initiation, the project context, must have measurable social impact, specific role finance and institutional linkage, and a photo) by May 31, 2013
We also invite practitioners, researcher and post-graduate students to submit field based case studies and well documented success stories with models of inclusive financial innovations. The cases are expected to potential for wider upscale. All Cases of high quality that are presented at the workshop will be published and the presenters receive a citation.
We also encourage poster sessions with innovations and field level experiments. Young researchers with innovative ideas/cases are particularly encouraged to apply for the poster session.
Travel expenses within India can be covered for a limited number of academic participants with accepted papers, if confirmation is received at the earliest, but no later than July 15, 2013. We encourage potential paper presenters to communicate their abstracts for consideration by the review committee, followed by full papers no later than July 15, 2013.