Learn valuable strategies for managing the changing needs of patients with acquired brain injury (ABI) at the 2nd National Acquired Brain Injury Conference 2014 taking place in Sydney at the Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel on November 10 – 11, 2014.
Following on from the inaugural National Acquired Brain Injury conference in Melbourne in 2013, production will shortly commence for this year’s ABI conference in Sydney. Current research, case studies and issues addressed in 2013 included:
- Rehabilitation, community living and attendant care and support
- Ideas for improvement in housing, support services and assistive technology
- Managing complexity in alcohol and other substance related acquired brain injury — ARBI
- Workforce participation and preparedness
- Cultural appropriateness and differences
- Prevalence and incidence
- Clinical and forensic evaluations
- Issues for Disability Care participants with an ABI
- Synapse initiatives
- Successful outcomes and stories
In 2014, the conference will again bring together a comprehensive program of expert speakers to help to facilitate education and best practice information exchange for better supporting people with an acquired brain injury. It will provide a great platform to hear the latest news and developments for ABI in areas such as research, advocacy, rehabilitation, treatment, best practice and policy fromacross the country.
The 2014 program will be in production shortly. For Speaking Opportunities please email Sarah Hardiman.