The 2nd International Conference of the Financial Engineering and Banking Society (FEBS) will take place on 7th and 8th June, 2012 at the ESCP Europe London campus. The meeting aims to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas and present new research results on the theory and modern practice of financial engineering and bank management.
The 2012 Conference is organised by ESCP Europe Business School under the auspices of FEBS, and in collaboration with the Financial Engineering Laboratory of the Technical University of Crete (Greece).
The conference, titled 'Recent Developments in Financial Markets and Banking', covers a wide range of topics related to financial engineering and banking, including but not limited to:
- Analysis and risk management of banking institutions
- Asset-liability management
- Liquidity management
- Credit risk modelling
- Asset pricing
- Project finance
- Commodities modelling, pricing and risk management
- Financial derivatives
- Regulation, supervision and policy
- Exchange rates and exchange rate regimes
- Islamic banking and finance
- Monetary policy
- Bank diversification, universal banks and financial conglomerates
- Securitisation in banking
- Specialised lending
- Bank efficiency, productivity and performance measurement
- International banking
- International financial crisis and systemic risk
- Mergers and acquisitions in banking
- Risk management for insurance companies
- Banking services
- Quality management in the banking sector
- Money and capital markets
The 2012 Conference will put a special emphasis in the developments of the banking and risk management industries in a financial crisis era.
Special Issue of the Journal of Banking and Finance
The Journal of Banking and Finance will publish a special issue, under the Guest Editorship of the Conference Co-Chairs Kostas Andriosopoulos and Fotios Pasiouras, and the Chairman of FEBS Constantin Zopounidis, from papers presented at the FEBS 2012 Conference.
The theme for this special issue will be related to the conference theme. Authors of papers selected for presentation at the 2012 conference will be invited to submit their papers to JBF for consideration for publication in the special issue. Papers submitted will go through the normal JBF submission and review process. The journal's usual submission fee will apply.