The European Conference on Politics, Economics and Law (ECPEL) 2015 will be held again in Brighton, United Kingdom on July 9 – 12, 2015 at the Thistle Brighton Hotel and is organised by the International Academic Forum (IAFOR).
The ECPEL 2015 will again be held alongside 3rd European Conference on Sustainability, Energy and the Environment (ECSEE) 2015, 3rd European Conference on the Social Sciences (ECSS) 2015, and the 2nd European Business and Management Conference (EBMC) 2015.
ECPEL2015 Keynote Speakers
Sir Kenneth Calman – Chancellor of the University of Glasgow, Chairman of the National Trust for Scotland
Conference Theme: “Power”
Power as a commodity has challenged the minds of social scientists and philosophers while its exercise has always fascinated historians. From classical thinkers’ works such as Aristotle’s Politka or Machiavelli’s Il Principe through modern figures who manipulate power in the media, like Silvio Berlusconi or Rupert Murdoch, to the vast networks that support major heads of state, power has been a necessity to some or like an aphrodisiac to others.
The dynamics of power and its associations with wealth and status now shape the contemporary world more visibly than ever. It is a research challenge to all fields of the social sciences to offer some explanation of its magnetism and its mechanisms. We expect this theme to excite a number of stimulating research paths, and look forward to their outcomes as we gather in Brighton in 2015.
Authors are asked to submit under the following streams:
- Political Participation and Representation
- Governance, Institutions and Public Policy
- Gender, Sexuality and Politics
- Political Economy, Welfare and Labour
- International Governance, Conflict and Development
- Political Theory
- Human Rights
- Social Movements
- Interdisciplinary Law, Economics and Politics
- Interdisciplinary Law and Politics
- Interdisciplinary Law and Economics
- Interdisciplinary Politics and Economics
Streams arranged under the JEL codes
- Civil Law and the Court
- Environmental and Resource Management Law
- International Law: Contemporary Issues and Solutions
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Banking, Securities and Finance Law
- Law of Human Rights and Social Justice
- Public Law and Policy
- Dispute Resolution: Contemporary Approaches
- Law of Intellectual Property, Information and New Technologies
- Laws of Health and Medicine
- Labour and Employment Law
- Criminal Justice Policy and Law
- Legal Theory, Methodology and Ideology
IAFOR Publishing Opportunities
The IAFOR Journal of Politics, Economics and Law is an editorially independent journal. A small number of papers from the conference proceedings are selected by the journal editor. Articles may also be submitted directly by contacting the appropriate editor. These open access journals, which conform to the highest academic standards, reflect the interdisciplinary and international nature of our conferences and are organized thematically.
If your abstract is accepted and you have registered for the conference, you are encouraged to submit a full paper for inclusion in the official conference proceedings published on the website. Final papers should be uploaded through the submissions system. Please ensure that your paper is ready to go to press by the submission deadline.
Eye Magazine is the International Academic Forum’s own in-house e-magazine publication. Through Eye magazine, we hope to enlighten you to various views and opinions of our contributors, many of whom have presented full research papers at our various conferences in Asia, Europe and North America.