The 2nd Friends of Israel – Urology Symposium (FOIU) 2014 will take place in Tel Aviv, Israel on July 1 – 3, 2014 at the Hilton Tel Aviv and is following the successful and well attended 1st FOIU Symposium that was held in 2012. The FOIU Symposium will continue as a unique initiative, creating an opportunity for Urologists, Uro-oncologists, Oncologists, Uro-pathologists and Uro-radiologists from all over the world to meet in Israel for a scientific and social forum.
The program created for this meeting is unique in its combination of scientific content, as well as lectures by Israel’s world-renowned leaders in science, politics, and art, providing you with a “taste of Israel”. We believe that this symposium is a wonderful platform where further partnerships and collaborations with the Israeli urological community can be formed.
Scientific Program Session Topics
- Active Surveillance in Uro Oncology: Rationale, Risks and Outcomes
- Anatomic approach to Radical Prostatectomy: Open versus Robot assisted laparoscopic surgery
- Androgen deprivation therapy (ADT)
- BCG Failure
- BPH and 5 α-reductase inhibitors
- Challenges in Renal Cancer Surgery
- Contemporary issues in radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Evolving concepts in adjuvant therapy: prostate, bladder, kidney
- Gleason’s 6 (3+3) Adenocarcinoma of the Prostate
- Invasive Bladder Cancer
- New concepts in Castrate Resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC)
- Non muscle invasive Bladder Cancer
- Overactive Bladder (OAB)
- Pearls of surgery: Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Pediatric Urology
- Prostate biopsy
- Prostate Cancer: 10 years from now
- Robot assisted surgery
- The role of surgery in Metastatic Cancer (Kidney, Bladder and Prostate Cancer)
- Upper TCC
- What do we agree/disagree about including Active Surveillance in the management of Prostate Cancer?
- Participants who would like to actively participate in the Meeting, are requested to submit an abstract for review.
- Abstracts will be accepted and scheduled as un-moderated poster presentations only.
- Relevant abstracts will be selected.
- Each presenting author can submit up to 2 abstracts for poster display. The List of Posters will be published in the final program and on the website only upon receipt of payment in full for registration.
- Please note that there will not be time allocated only for poster presentations. Poster viewing will be during all coffee and lunch breaks.