The European Society for Translational Medicine (EUSTM) and Global Translational Medicine Consortium (GTMC) cordially invites you to attend the 2nd Annual Congress of the European Society for Translational Medicine & Global Network Conference on Translational Medicine (EUSTM-2014) on September 22 — 25, 2014 in Schönbrunn Palace Conference Centre, Vienna, Austria.
EUSTM-2014 unites world leaders and experts from industry, academia, research institutions, service providers, SMEs, regulatory agencies, policy makers, and governments to discuss translational approaches and tools designed to accelerate research and develop novel diagnostics and therapeutics thereby reducing high cost budgets and attrition rates. Moreover, EUSTM Expert Panels will discuss and showcase latest developments in specific areas of disease modeling, biomarkers, orphan/rare diseases, clinical epidemiology, novel diagnostics, public health, data management, omics applications and vaccine research.
EUSTM provides the key to future success in translational medicine by offering an interdisciplinary forum to address current challenges and highlight novel solutions. The conference represents a unique opportunity for global networking with key opinion leaders and service providers. Participants will also include practicing physicians with clinical experience in various therapeutic areas and members of patient organizations. Pharma and biotech industries, medtech and medical instruments companies, consultancy firms, clinical research organizations and data management companies will showcase and exhibit their products and services.
- Giuseppe del Giudice – Global Head Translational Medicine, Novartis Vaccines will speak on novel vaccine adjuvants.
- Randall J Cohrs – University of Colorado, will speak on ‘long term in vitro models of human neurons for virus infection studies’.
Call for Papers
The Conference Scientific Committee cordially invites scientists, investigators & clinicians from various specialties as well as industry professionals to submit abstracts in all areas outlined under conference themes and topics. The conference will represent a unique platform to discuss latest translational research in various specialties and approaches to improve the disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment and to accelerate the R&D process. The abstracts should be submitted via online submission form. Abstract text should not be more than 300 words and should be 12pt Regular Times New Roman font. The abstracts will be considered for oral and poster presentations.
Conference Topics and Themes
- Translational Research: Novel Findings & Updates in Pathophysiology & Therapeutics
- Biomarkers & Novel Diagnostics
- Omics Sciences Applications in Translational Research
- New Horizons in Data Management
- Disease Modelling & Clinical Epidemiology
All abstracts will be peer-reviewed and notification of decision will be sent via email. All accepted abstracts will be published in an international, peer reviewed journal. Selected high quality abstract presenters will be invited to submit full article for consideration for publication in the journal. The presenters of accepted abstracts must register for the conference. All presenters and coauthors will have to disclose any commercial interest/financial relationship which will be shared with conference participants.
EUSTM Student/Trainee Members will be considered for a best poster award. Best poster award will be given to the presenter of an abstract highlighting high quality scientific contents and novelty.
- Luc Bidaut – University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
- Enitan D. Carrol – University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
- Kenneth R. Chapman – University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Anna Chioti – CIEC CRP-Santé, Luxembourg
- Pele Chong – National Health Research Institutes, Taipei, Taiwan
- Anastasia Christianson – AstraZeneca, Pharmaceuticals, Philadelphia, USA
- Randall J Cohrs – University of Colorado, Denver, USA
- Raymond Dalgleish – University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
- Antonio Facchiano – IDI-IRCCS, Rome, Italy
- Vicente Felipo – Centro de Investigación Principe Felipe, Valencia, Spain
- Barry D. Garfinkle – Barry Garfinkle & Associates Consulting, Philadelphia, USA
- Hugo Geerts – In Silico Biosciences, Philadelphia, USA
- Thomas J. Goodwin – NASA/JSC, Houston, USA
- Henk-Jan Guchelaar – University of Leiden, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Hooman Hajian – Providence Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
- Colin Hendrie – University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
- John Hutchison – TranScrip, Reading, UK
- Lih Kuo – Texas A&M Health Science Center, Texas, USA
- Michael N. Liebman – IPQ Analytics, LLC, Philadelphia, USA
- Jes S. Lindholt – University Hospital of Odense, Odense, Denmark
- Mauro Magnani – University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
- Tyler Martin – Great Plains Biotechnology, Nebraska, USA
- Ernesto Oviedo-Orta – Novartis, Siena, Italy
- Irinia Piatkov – University of Western Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- Antonio Riccio – Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- Nicholas J. Sarlis – Incyte Corporation, Wilmington, USA
- Thomas Stoehr – A2M Pharma, Ghent, Belgium
- Kelly Sullivan – University of South Florida, Tampa, USA
- Calum Douglas Sutherland – Dundee Diabetes Research Centre, Dundee, UK
- Milen Velinov – FLDDSO, New York, USA
- Bente Vestergaard – University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Francesco S. Violante – University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
- Wei Wang – Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia
- John T. Weber – Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, Canada
- Xinhua Yin – Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
- Zhao-Hua Zhong – HMU, Harbin, China