The Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER) is organizing an International Conference on Small Societies-Small Business-Small Cities & Villages in Athens, Greece on the 27 – 30 July 2015. The conference is organized in collaboration with the Institute of Local Development-TAP based in the village of Sardinia.
The purpose of the conference is to bring together a small number of international academics and researchers from a cross disciplinary perspective such as Local, Regional, Rural and Community Studies, Political Science, Public Administration and Policy Analysis, Sociology, Geography, Health, Tourism, Fitness, Sports and Educational Studies, Literature, Economics and Business (Small and Family Enterprises), Marketing Small Cities, Local and Regional Development, Architecture and Planning, Natural Resources, Comparative Studies between Small and Large Cities, Small Towns in Literature and Movies, Public Health, etc.
Topics will include, among others, and the following:
- Theoretical and empirical issues on regional science and policy
- The relationship between the region and the small city-village
- Entrepreneurship and local (regional) economic and social development
- The relationship between small and large cities
- Education, health, arts in rural and local areas
- The role of local universities and colleges in promoting local development
- Local and rural Tourism
- Agriculture and local development
- Small business economics, management and marketing
- Local development and the environment
- Local democracy and governance
- Rural and regional history issues
- Adoption of electronic commerce in small businesses in small areas
- Local culture and folklore
- Place branding and promotion of local business and regions
Please submit a 300-word abstract to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER & Honorary Professor, University of Stirling, U.K. Please include: Title of Paper, Full Name (s), Current Position, Institutional Affiliation, an email address and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of your submission. Decisions will be reached within four weeks of your submission.
If your submission is accepted, you will receive information on registration deadlines and paper submission requirements. Should you wish to participate in the Conference without presenting a paper, for example, to chair a session, to evaluate papers which are to be included in the conference proceedings or books, to contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to email@example.com.
Accommodation and Social Program
Special arrangements will be made with a local luxury hotel for a limited number of rooms at a special conference rate. In addition, a number of special events will be organized: A Greek night of entertainment with dinner, a special one-day cruise to selected Greek islands, an archaeological tour of Athens and a one-day visit to Delphi.
Organizing and Scientific Committee
- Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos – Honorary Professor, University of Stirling, U.K.
- Dr. Vasileios Filios – Department of Business Administration of Food and Agricultural Enterprises (University of Patras) based in Agrinio, Aitoloakarnania, Greece
- Dr. Chris Sakellariou – Associate Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Dr. Nicholas Pappas – Professor, Sam Houston University, USA
- Dr. Panagiotis Petratos – Associate Professor of Computer Information Systems, California State University, Stanislaus, USA
- Dr. George Poulos – Emeritus Professor, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Dr. Jayoung Che – Research Professor, Institute for the Mediterranean Studies, Pusan University of Foreign Studies, Pusan, Republic of Korea (S. Korea)
- Dr. Nicholas N. Patricios – Professor, School of Architecture, University of Miami, USA
- Dr. Peter Koveos – Head, Professor of Finance, Syracuse University, USA
- Dr. Cleopatra Veloutsou – Senior Lecturer of Marketing, University of Glasgow, U.K.
- Dr. David A. Frenkel – Professor, Ben-Gurion University, Beer-Sheva, Israel
- Dr. Peter Yannopoulos – Professor, Brock University, Canada
- Mr. Salavatore Cincimino – Assistant Professor, University of Palermo, Italy
- Dr. Mert Uydaci – Professor, Marmara University, Turkey
- Dr. Matteo Rossi – Assistant Professor, University of Sannio, Italy