Oxford Global Conferences are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Discovery Chemistry & Drug Design Congress 2014, taking place at the Intercontinental Geneva in Geneva, Switzerland on 2 & 3 June. This two day congress has been developed to offer discovery chemistry leaders an executive platform for networking and discussion.
The discovery chemistry industry is moving into a new era of collaboration. Recognising the importance of de-risking candidates as early as possible, many organisations are looking at ways of drawing in expertise from a range of research areas.
This congress will explore novel solutions created by hybrid biology-chemistry approaches to drug design, cohesive DMPK strategies across the early pipeline and recent advances in genomic and informatics applications.
Delegates will hear case studies covering a range of topics, including fragment based discovery, computer aided design for biologics and the role of natural products in discovery chemistry.
Poster presentations, Q&A sessions and dedicated networking breaks offer delegates the chance to meet with VPs, Directors and Senior Managers working in medicinal chemistry, drug design, flow chemistry, chemical genetics, discovery technology and computational chemistry.
The congress is part of the 15th Annual Drug Discovery Summit – Europe’s premier networking and discussion forum for pharmaceutical leaders. The congress is also co-located with the 6th Annual Drug Development Congress.
Day 1: Discovery Chemistry: Latest Case Studies
- Fragment based and structure based drug discovery
- Analysing structure-activity relationships
- Chemical genetic approaches
- Hybrid approaches: combining biology and chemistry expertise
- Advances in computational chemistry & flow chemistry
- The role of natural products in discovery chemistry
- Key learnings from ligand binding studies
Day 2: Drug Design: Novel Approaches
- Lead optimisation: considering solubility, drugability and potency
- Achieving selectivity and specificity
- DMPK considerations in lead optimisation
- Early de-risking through drug design
- Water molecules: assessing the impact on drug discovery and design
- Building increased molecular complexity into drug design
- Computer aided design for biologics
- John Cumming – Global Programme Manager: Predictive Chemistry, AstraZeneca
- Charlotte Deane – Director of the Systems Approaches to Biomedical Sciences Industrial DTC, Oxford University
- Jose Duca – Head, Computer-Aided Drug Discovery, Novartis
- David Elder – Director SCINOVO, GSK
- Hans-Jürgen Federsel – Senior Principal Scientist, AstraZeneca
- Patrick Jimonet – Discovery Sourcing And Leader Global Chemical Library Team, Sanofi
- Jan Kriegl – Director Computational Chemistry, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Magali Mathieu – Head of SB-X2S, Sanofi
- Everard Pap – Head of Lead Generation, Sanofi
- Gisbert Schneider – Professor, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ETH Zurich
- Rich Taylor – Principal Scientist CADD, UCB-New Medicines
Become a Speaker
Our speaker programmes are carefully researched each year to ensure that delegates are exposed to the highest level of expertise. However, delegates not only benefit from the experience of our speakers, but also gain an insight into the experiences of other attendees – Q&A sessions and panel discussions are utilised to enable sharing of knowledge and facilitate idea exchange.
If you have a cutting edge case study or relevant presentation and would like to join the speaker panel at one of our events, please contact Charlotte Tighe at email@example.com
Submit a poster
For attendees interested in submitting a poster, there are opportunities now available. Your poster presentation will be located in the exhibition room for two days alongside other posters from senior scientists working in industry and academia.
How to submit your poster
We will require:
- Poster title, Abstract (200 words or less)
- Principal author, Organisation
- Mailing address, Email, Telephone, Fax
- Additional authors
In order to secure your board a fee of £125 will be required. The poster should be presented as A0 portrait size.
To take advantage of this opportunity you need to be registered as a paid delegate over the 2 days. We have limited spaces available, so please register soon!
Who Will Attend
The 2nd Annual Discovery Chemistry and Drug Design Congress 2014 is an exclusive event designed for senior level attendees from leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology organisations, along with highly esteemed members of academic and government institutions.
Delegates typically include VPs, Directors and Global Heads of:
- Chemistry technologies
- Computational chemistry
- Discovery chemistry
- Drug design
- Drug discovery
- Flow chemistry
- Lead optimisation
- Medicinal chemistry
- Natural products
- Structural biology
Delegates will benefit from:
- An executive format that facilitates idea exchange and discussion of relevant experiences through case study presentations and panel discussions
- Networking opportunities and knowledge share with highly-esteemed peers
- Pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings with solution providers offering an opportunity to forge partnerships and discover innovative solutions
- Post event follow up providing all documentation from the meeting and re-booking discounts
- Tailor-made agenda – hand pick any conference and panel sessions you wish to attend