Co-located with the 7th Annual Proteins and Antibodies Congress and the Peptides Congress Oxford Global are proud to present the 2nd Annual Biosimilars and Biobetters Congress 2014, taking place on 3 – 4 April 2014 at Novotel London West, London, United Kingdom.
The follow on biologics industry is forecast to reach $8.8 billion by 2017. Our conference programme focuses on the challenges, innovations and technologies that promise to put this sector at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry.
The 2nd Annual Biosimilars and Biobetters Congress features two streams:
Market Opportunities & Commercial Challenges: In Stream 1, the meeting will address the most pressing challenges in gaining access to emerging markets and branding biosimilars through a series of cutting-edge conference presentations. Our boisimilars experts will also debate how to overcome regulatory challenges, outsource manufacturing and develop pricing strategies.
- Opportunities and challenges in emerging markets
- Global regulatory challenges and developments
- Commercialising and branding biosimilars
- Pricing strategies and risk reduction strategies
- Outsourcing and contract manufacturing
- Substitution and interchangability of biosimilars
- Market access initiatives
- Technological advances
Developing Biosimilars & Biobetters: Learn more about current developments in clinical trials, including pharmacovigilence and patient safety. Do not miss out on the chance to discover innovative solutions for achieving quality by design, demonstrating biosimilarity and addressing potency as well as the latest insights into the regulatory requirements and trial design.
- Overcoming the challenges of immunogenicity
- Complex proteins as biosimilars: the monoclonal antibody opportunity
- Patient safety: trial design and patient enrolment
- Clinical protocol and regulatory updates
- Demonstrating biosimilarity and characterisation
- Developing successful biobetters
- Assessing relative potency
- PK/PD testing
- Quality by Design
- Peter de Veene – EU Qualified Person for Pharmacovigilance, Roche
- Richard DiCiccio – Chairmain of the Board, Harvest Moon Pharmaceuticals
- Sheka Ganese – Scientific Director, Genzyme
- JiJie Gu – Principal Scientist, Abbott
- Jason Li – Scientific Director, Genor Biopharma
- Bernd Liedert – Director, Head of Immunopharmacology, Merck Serono
- Mohamed Oubihi – Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs, Abbott
- Hans Rogl – Associate Director, Protein Science, Purification and Formulation, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Angela Thomas – Chair of Biologicals and Vaccines Expert Advisory Group-Comission on Human Medicines, MHRA
- Jaap Venema – Therapeutic Area Lead Biotherapeutics, AbbVie
- Nils Wilking – Professor, Karolinska Insitute
- Jianguo Yang – Principal Scientist, Senior Manager, Genzyme
Who Will Attend
The Biosimilars & Biobetters Congress is an exclusive event designed for senior level attendees from leading pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, CRO and solution provider companies, along with highly esteemed members of academic and government institutions.
Delegates typically include VPs, Directors and Global Heads of:
- Bioanalytics, Biobetters, Biosimilars
- Biotech Innovation, Biotherapeutics
- Clinical Development, CMC Strategy
- Immunogenicity Testing
- Market Entry, Partnering and Licensing
- Patient Safety
- Portfolio Development, Product Development
- Protein Characterisation
- Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs
- Sourcing and Supply, Trial Design
Submit a poster
For attendees interested in submitting a poster, there are opportunities now available. Your poster presentation will be located in the exhibition room for two days alongside other posters from senior scientists from the pharmaceutical industry and academic institutions.
How to submit your abstract
We will require:
- Poster title, Abstract (200 words or less)
- Principal author, Organisation
- Mailing address, Email, Telephone, Fax
- Additional authors
In order to secure your board space a fee of £125 will be required. The poster should be presented as A0 (841mm x 1189mm) portrait size. To take advantage of this opportunity you need to be registered as a paid delegate over the 2 days. We have limited spaces available, so please register soon!