The prime aim of a business strategy is to provide superior value, differentiation, and core competencies for an organization. Forming a successful business strategy involves creating a first-rate competitive strategy. Businesses must develop a plan that addresses ways to compete in their respective markets. Strategic planning is necessary for the smooth execution of business strategy. For an organization its business strategy must be aimed at clearly differentiating its offering from that of its competitor towards gaining sustainable competitive advantage in the market. It is imperative for the organization to assess its strengths and weaknesses in order to exploit opportunities and gain sustainable competitive advantage. Strategic planning helps in gaining sustainable competitive advantage.
There are a variety of perspectives, models and approaches used in strategic planning. The way that a strategic plan is developed, depends on the nature of the organization's leadership, culture of the organization, complexity of the organization's environment, size of the organization, expertise of planners, etc.
The Annual International Conference on Business Strategy and Organizational Behaviour (BizStrategy) provides opportunities for academics, researchers, experienced professionals and business people to share their research findings in this area with the world.
- The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251-1970, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-1989) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell's Directories amongst others, where applicable.
- Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF International Journal on GSTF Business Review (ISSN: 2010-4804) which is indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest and Cabell's Directories.
- Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
A business strategy provides an overall direction to the organization. Strategic planning in business is a vital back end exercise, and one that demands your own thoughts and ideas. Unlike most other business areas, strategic planning can’t be outsourced or passed on to other parties – it’s something you, as a business owner, will need to concern yourself with, and your drive and passion is the main factor sitting behind any success you do ultimately achieve. Thus your personal investment in strategic planning is fundamental to growing and improving the way your business operates. For any small business owner, the importance in business strategy planning is obvious and essential to long term success, thus it is a factor that should be considered on a frequent, if you weekly or daily basis.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Approaches and Models of Strategic Management
- Challenges to Strategic Management
- The Strategic Audit: Aid to Strategic Decision Making
- Ethical Issues and Social Responsibilities
- Different Approaches and Models of Industry Analysis
- Approaches of International Risk Assessment
- Strategic Issues in Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Global Branding Issues in Strategic Management
- Approaches to Evaluating Competitive Intelligence
- Competitive Analysis Techniques-how to use
- Research on Core and Distinctive Competencies
- Strategic Marketing & Financial Issues
- Strategic Information Technology Issues
- Corporate Strategy Formulation Approaches
- SWOT Analysis and Carrying Out Business Strategy
- Types of Business Competitive Strategy
- Types of Cooperative Strategy
- Portfolio Analysis Approaches and Techniques
- Approaches of Corporate Parenting Strategy
- Unrelated Strategy: Criteria of Holding Type Strategy (Multipoint Composition)
- Advanced Types of Organizational Structures
- Situational Analysis for Strategic Planning
- Leadership and Strategic Management
- Constructing Corporate Scenarios for Generating Strategic Alternatives
- Problems of Global Strategy
- Advanced Types of Organizational Structures for Effective Strategy Implementation
- Structure and Staffing Relations with Strategy
- Problems in Implementing Growth and Retrenchment Strategies
- Relationship of Management by Objectives and Strategic Management
- Relationship of Total Quality Management and Strategic Issues
- Leadership and Leading Types for Effective Strategy Formulation and Implementation
- International Strategic Performance Measurement
- Strategic Issues in Managing Technology and Innovation
- Categories of Innovation for Proper Strategy Formulation
- Role of the Entrepreneur as Strategist