Bridging the Gaps in Child and Adolescent Health
The Paediatricians of Australia and New Zealand are pleased to welcome you to the 27th Congress of the International Pediatric Association (ICP) 2013 to be held in Melbourne, Australia on 24-29 August 2013.
This triennial congress of the International Pediatric Association (IPA) is being hosted by the Paediatrics and Child Health Division of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP). The Congress will be held in the exciting, state-of-the-art Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre located on the banks of the Yarra River in central Melbourne.
The Congress theme “Bridging the Gaps in Child and Adolescent Health” will be addressed through presentations, workshops, interactive media, site visits and much more. Professor Elizabeth Elliott from the Sydney University is chairing the international Scientific Program Committee. The program will draw upon Pediatric expertise from around the world, as well as show-casing the very best in paediatrics and child health from New Zealand and Australia.
There will be a specific focus on achievements in working toward The Millennium Development Goals.
Abstracts on any topic related to pediatrics and child health will be considered. Abstracts should be based on work that provides new information. Abstracts will be judged on scientific merit by the International Scientific Program Committee
- Child Health and Survival, Millennium development goals
- Endocrinology, Diabetes, Obesity
- Adolescent medicine
- Genetics, Congenital Anomalies
- Infectious Diseases
- Allergy and Immunology
- Development, Neurodevelop-mental Disability and Other Long Term Outcome studies
- Nutrition, Gastroenterology and Metabolism
- Hematology and Oncology
- Mental Health
- Child Public Health
- Education and Training
- Paediatric Surgery and surgical sub-specialties
Through the generosity of the Victorian State Government (Australia) and the Melbourne Convention and Visitors Bureau, Travel Scholarships will be available for delegates attending the next Congress of the International Pediatric Association.
Some 150 travelling scholarships each valued at $AUD 2000 will be awarded to Delegates, based on research abstracts submitted for presentation at the Congress. The Scholarships will include the cost of registration for the Congress and the balance (remainder) must be used for travel and accommodation expenses.
The following conditions apply for these scholarships:
- Applicants for the Scholarships must live in lower income/developing countries. The classification being used can be viewed on http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-classifications/country-and-lending-groups#High-income
- Delegates from 88 countries rated as low-income and lower-middle-income economies by the World Bank are eligible to apply
- Applicants must submit an abstract for consideration for presentation at ICP2013, and, the scholarships will be awarded by the Congress Scientific Committee based on the merit of the abstract.
Details of the application procedure will be available when the Call for Abstracts is made in late 2012 or early 2013.
The following awards of the Paediatrics & Child Health Division, RACP will be awarded at the International Congress of Paediatrics 2013. Request for consideration must be made at the time of abstract submission.