The long-standing co-operation between Associazione Italiana di Metallurgia (AIM) and the International Federation for Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering (IFHTSE) has already led to the joint organisation of significant events, such as the Congresses held in Florence in 1982 and in 1998 and the Congress on automotive applications organised in Riva del Garda in 2005.
Now, our combined efforts resources will be focused on the organisation of a conference that will deal with tradition and innovation in heat treatment and surface engineering. The conference will join the European Conference on Heat Treatment 2015 and the 22nd IFHTSE Congress and will commence on May 20 – 22, 2015 in Venice, Italy at the NH Laguna Palace Hotel.
The conference will bring together managers, engineers and researchers from heat treatment shops, tool makers and users, suppliers of heat treatment and surface engineering plant and equipment, as well as material scientists. This meeting is aimed at creating an opportunity for a technical exchange at an international level among the numerous experts involved in the heat treatment and surface engineering route.
The Conference will cover the overall development of technologies in heat treatment and surface engineering, with particular focus on the following topics:
- Thermo-chemical treatment (carburizing, nitriding, nitrocarburising,…)
- Surface hardening (induction, laser,…)
- Coating technology and coatings (PVD, CVD, plasma, thermal spray,…)
- Design and construction of industrial heat treatment equipment
- Equipment for measurement and process control
- Quenching technology, equipment and quenchants
- Residual stress and distortion
- Environmental impact of heat treatment
- Environmental aspects of surface engineering
- Tribology and tribological testing methods
- Wear and wear protection
- Modeling and simulation of heat treatment and surface engineering related aspects
- Reliability and process control
- Cost analysis and reduction in manufacturing
- Energy saving
- Bulk heat treatment
- Mechanical properties
Prospective authors wishing to present papers are invited to submit a tentative title and an abstract of about 300 words (in English) to the Organising Secretariat. The abstract should provide sufficient information for a fair assessment and include the title of the paper, the author’s names and contact details (address, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address). The name of the presenting author should be underlined.
A poster session will be included if the number of accepted paper exceeds the space available for oral sessions.
The full text of the accepted papers will be published in the CD-Rom proceedings and issued to attendees on arrival at the Conference. Papers may be considered for publication in AIM journal La Metallurgia Italiana and in IFHTSE Journal International Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering.
Awards – each of 500 € – will be made for the three best posters, as judged by an independent panel of experts.
IFHTSE’s Tom Bell Young Author Award – sponsored by the Linde Group and which has a cash value of the order of 1,500 € – will also be available. Eligible papers must be presented in person by the candidate author. In the case of a paper with multiple authorship, therefore, an author who is a candidate for the award must be the author named in the programme as the presenter (though not necessarily the first-named author of the paper); the candidate must be aged 35 or less on the first working day of the Congress; prospective candidates should indicate their interest when submitting a paper.
International Programme Committee
- Herwig Altena — Aichelin Holding GmbH, Austria
- Paolo Luca Antona — Università di Ferrara, Italy
- Antonio Bavaro — Laboratorio Prove Bavaro, Italy
- Massimiliano Bestetti — Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Mario Cusolito — Rodacciai, Italy
- Sabine Denis — Universite Henri de Poincare, Nancy, France
- Kiyoshi Funatani — MTI Institute, Japan
- G. Marina La Vecchia — Università degli Studi di Brescia, Italy
- Nora Lecis — Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Thomas Lübben — IWT Bremen, Germany
- Rafael Mesquita — Villares, Brazil
- Massimo Pellizzari — Università degli Studi di Trento, Italy
- Danilo Petta — Gearchem, Italy
- Emilio Ramous — Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy
- Vladimir Skorobogatykh — CNIITMASH, Russia
- Paul Stratton — Matscribe, United Kingdom
- George Totten — Texas A&M University, USA
- Eva Troell — Swerea IVF, Sweden
- Valentina Vicario — FOMAS Group, Italy
- Hans-Werner Zoch — IWT Bremen, Germany
International Steering Committee
- Federica Bassani — AIM, Italy
- Sylvain Batbedat — A3TS, France
- Pierre Bruchet — A3TS, France
- Bruno Hribernik — ASMET, Austria
- Patrick Jacquot — IFHTSE, France
- Xu Kewei — IFHTSE, China
- Zoltán Kolozsváry — IFHTSE, Romania
- Jürg Läderach — SVW/ATT, Switzerland
- Ottavio Lecis — AIM, Italy
- Klaus Löser — AWT, Germany
- Reinhold Schneider — IFHTSE, Austria
- Pavel Stolar — ATZK, Czech Republic
- Bernard Vandewiele — VWT, Belgium and the Netherlands
- Robert Wood — IFHTSE, United Kingdom